Deegan update

Deegan finished 23rd out of 38 drivers, a true mid pack effort with brake trouble for the multiple year under contract driver. On to 100. ;)

0_E1eNateTiDThGcYI.jpg

Not sure why she choked so bad at the end there. From 3rd place to 12 so fast. Was really excited to see a top 5 then it evaporated 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t know if that car is junk, but if she and the car are capable, she’s gotta put herself up front more often and earn some trust. If you ride in the back all day and find yourself up front late due to the cautions, good luck finding a parter to push you. The other drivers aren’t going to work with you if they have zero idea as to how you or your car works in the draft. Again, I don’t know if she’s always out back because of the car or because she’s too nervous to be in the hornets nest.

The recent page count rate is very discouraging. I just went back to check a single random page (exhibit page # 30) for a comparison, and it only took five days for us to complete that page.

I am sure that somewhere along the way, we did complete a single page in less than a day. If there were more time, I would find that page, but my personal trainer and posting coaches are currently advising me to save and rest my fingers for the intense posting during Sunday's upcoming races at Monoco, Indianapolis, and Charlotte.

Getting back to the urgency of the moment, we started on page number 65 on March 27th. We are now on the 58th day of this page, with this here being only the 14th post for the page. Which means that at the current rate it is taking us more than four days to get a single post, and we will not achieve or see page # 66 until early September.

I just don't know what the future holds for a thread among so many shameless, slothful sluggards.

But I thought once she got to Xfinity she was going to be the next Jimmie Johnson? Maybe she just needs to go to cup to start winning races.

I love the way she is just living her life to the fullest and enjoying it. That sucked that she broke a rod in her engine while running P-2, but it was pretty cool to see her get out of the car and not throw a tantrum like so many other drivers would have done. I think she is a pretty good role model for younger girls.

I love the way she is just living her life to the fullest and enjoying it. That sucked that she broke a rod in her engine while running P-2, but it was pretty cool to see her get out of the car and not throw a tantrum like so many other drivers would have done. I think she is a pretty good role model for younger girls.
Those two were having a ball.

The hyperbole is absurd. No one said she was going to be Jimmy anyone. Some thought that the xfinity car might make her competitive and we certainly want to see more competitive women in the sport. I thought she had a better chance. She did. I am not going to scroll back and find it but I think 10 races should have been enough to show if she was going to spark at this level. The answer appears to be “not so much”. It’s a disappointment for a sport that needs to do a lot more to overcome some bad biases. But aside from a few haters trying to stir the pot with excessive vitriol most of us realize that Hailer isn’t showing real fire in her belly and NASCAR needs to do more than just hype one woman at a time (or due to their social media numbers). Maybe Hailee has more to show is but the first have of the season hasn’t done anything to make me expect much more from the second half of the season. And fans can’t want it more than the driver does. 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Back
Top Bottom