People's Opinions Changing Concerning Jimmie Johnson

DO NOT compare them to Richard or Dale's 7.
And he has won less since nascar has kept an better eye on the cheating.
Seriously! Jim and Chad earned their 6 beating 30 plus full time teams as opposed to Earnhardts earned against about 13 to 20. MUCH more difficult given the amount of quality teams out there these days.
You're right not much to compare when it comes to difficulty and competition

Petty didn't win all his titles under the same system either. Some of the early NASCAR points systems were pretty out there, like giving points based on the purse of the race. I hate the Chase, but Jimmie is just as much a six-time champ as anyone from the pre-Chase era.
Yeah, Petty won one of his championships in 1974, under a points system so ludicrous it puts anything Brian France has come up with to shame.

Thank you but I prefer the Martinsville dogs.

martinsville%20hotdog.jpg
That looks just like the one I had last night as an appetizer while I was waiting for my steak and bake potato at my local bar.:D

Driving a truck makes ya hungry. :)
Yes, because I have to much time to think about it. When I'm building the cylinder heads I'm so busy I don't have the time to think about eating as much.:) But, only one race left in the season and it is only about 25 miles from the shop. Since I have this week off I can finally watch a Nascar race.:D

Back
Top Bottom