Legacy to Toyota

I'll be honest -
JJ to TRD makes me want to puke,
The last few years haven't been kind to Jimmy. He was terrible in cup his last couple of years, then he goes to Indycar and proves that a retired race car driver in Nascar cup is a washout in Indycar, and now he decides he want to be a team owner and they are terrible. Moving to another manufacturer isn't going to help, it's an inside job.

The last few years haven't been kind to Jimmy. He was terrible in cup his last couple of years, then he goes to Indycar and proves that a retired race car driver in Nascar cup is a washout in Indycar, and now he decides he want to be a team owner and they are terrible. Moving to another manufacturer isn't going to help, it's an inside job.
Of course. Let's talk about how Jim Campbell said, "Thank you!" to seven championships by giving Jimmie the middle finger when he wanted a spot at the table. I am happy that Jimmie has found an OEM who appreciates him.

Some may say it is reasonable, others might say well You said you would not. WE can all change our minds, just like you might wake up one say and buy a dodge
So, you have one kid, and budget for him.....Would you not spend the same on the second? ....and would that not be proper budgeting? .....and if you needed an additional revenue source, would you not find one so that kid #2 is adequately supported? I mean WTF with these @StandOnIt pleasing posts that are absolutely ludicrous?

I think it’s a smart move tbh. You move up the food chin a little bit of importance to the manufacturer. Good for them.
Simple and to the point. Well done, my thoughts exactly on this. Legacy saw an opportunity to move up the food chain with a manufacturer and took it.

So, you have one kid, and budget for him.....Would you not spend the same on the second? ....and would that not be proper budgeting? .....and if you needed an additional revenue source, would you not find one so that kid #2 is adequately supported? I mean WTF with these @StandOnIt pleasing posts that are absolutely ludicrous?
Your boss made a statement and now you change what he said because you feel its a better business plan. He clearly stated that the budget was set no matter how many teams entered the mix. Yes he is allowed to change his mind but until I am shown else wise I will go with his standing comment. I offered nothing but fact and you want to call me ludicrous. Ludicrous is someone so blinded with THEIR team that as you have stated you wont even get in a rental car unless it as a toyota. Please leave the uncalled for comments about my posting in your trash can where they belong

Your boss made a statement and now you change what he said because you feel its a better business plan. He clearly stated that the budget was set no matter how many teams entered the mix. Yes he is allowed to change his mind but until I am shown else wise I will go with his standing comment. I offered nothing but fact and you want to call me ludicrous. Ludicrous is someone so blinded with THEIR team that as you have stated you wont even get in a rental car unless it as a toyota. Please leave the uncalled for comments about my posting in your trash can where they belong
I stand corrected, and I apologize for my snark. I will not apologize for my loyalty or rental car choices, however. Here is the link to David's comments.

I stand corrected, and I apologize for my snark. I will not apologize for my loyalty or rental car choices, however. Here is the link to David's comments.

He has been yapping about expansion for years, they lost two Teams with Barney and Levine family and others too small to notice. So now years later they get two cars to replace them and you act like it's a big deal. Well ok..whoopie. Fluff it up buttercup.

He has been yapping about expansion for years, they lost two Teams with Barney and Levine family and others too small to notice. So now years later they get two cars to replace them and you act like it's a big deal. Well ok..whoopie. Fluff it up buttercup.
That’s a good point. How likely is it that this will really be a big step up for Legacy as some think vs it being more like LFR level? I know it’s a new car but still.

Not really. The model has been to keep the line up small with an affiliate to JGR. The Next Gen changed a lot of that, but you are going to be you. Go KFB or is it Amirola this week?

That’s a good point. How likely is it that this will really be a big step up for Legacy as some think vs it being more like LFR level? I know it’s a new car but still.
Not sure that is an apples to apples thing. The Next Gen has changed so much.... I see it being a big step relative to where they are of course.....The additional team is significant for US as WE now have room to expand four more cars---but David said that 8-10 is the sweet spot.

It's Rev's job to puff the whole thing up out of proportion. Can he keep the B.S. going for 9 more months? Tune in tomorrow.

It's Rev's job to puff the whole thing up out of proportion. Can he keep the B.S. going for 9 more months? Tune in tomorrow.
Easily. The thing is will you be there for KFB when he melts down? He looked so good in Dover.

Wonder if Jimmie asked for a seat at the table.....seven time champion and all.....and if he was pissed when he got the finger from Campbell. "Team" Chevy.

Wonder if Jimmie asked for a seat at the table.....seven time champion and all.....and if he was pissed when he got the finger from Campbell. "Team" Chevy.
Let’s be fair here, it’s easier to give support to everyone when you got less cars. If Toyota had as many cars as Chevy, I can promise you they would be teams getting the short end of the stick.

Let’s be fair here, it’s easier to give support to everyone when you got less cars. If Toyota had as many cars as Chevy, I can promise you they would be teams getting the short end of the stick.
Nobody forced Chevy to take those teams. Am I right? Plus, this is Jimmie. Find a way. He is very good for the brand.

Nobody forced Chevy to take those teams. Am I right? Plus, this is Jimmie. Find a way. He is very good for the brand.
Yeah no one forced them sure. But it doesn’t change what I said now does it? You really think if Toyota had 16 cars they would be able to equally help everyone? I mean hey, Toyota let the greatest driver of this generation in Kyle Busch get away. Put that bias to the side just for a little bit and you’ll see I’m right.

Remember, I don’t blame the team for changing to Toyota, but we have to be honest when we say Toyota can do what they do because of how few cars they got.

Yeah no one forced them sure. But it doesn’t change what I said now does it? You really think if Toyota had 16 cars they would be able to equally help everyone? I mean hey, Toyota let the greatest driver of this generation in Kyle Busch get away. Put that bias to the side just for a little bit and you’ll see I’m right.

Remember, I don’t blame the team for changing to Toyota, but we have to be honest when we say Toyota can do what they do because of how few cars they got.
Chevy has three teams (maybe 2.5) and a bunch of revenue sources. They—like US—can do whatever in the they want. They didn’t want to help Jimmie. That’s why he is a Toyota driver next year. WTH does Kyle have to do with this? Nothing. Do you really believe that Chevy supports their cars equally?

Chevy has three teams (maybe 2.5) and a bunch of revenue sources. They—like US—can do whatever in the they want. They didn’t want to help Jimmie. That’s why he is a Toyota driver next year. WTH does Kyle have to do with this? Nothing. Do you really believe that Chevy supports their cars equally?
You’re clearly not reading everything i posted LMAO. Read and stop being a gimmick man.

I said I don’t blame Jimmie.

I said Chevy can’t support them equally because they have 16 cars..

Now actually stop being bias and tell me if you think Toyota would be able to support everyone with 16 cars.

You’re clearly not reading everything i posted LMAO. Read and stop being a gimmick man.

I said I don’t blame Jimmie.

I said Chevy can’t support them equally because they have 16 cars..

Now actually stop being bias and tell me if you think Toyota would be able to support everyone with 16 cars.
I think that WE are committed to supporting everybody equally (since the Next Gen), and that is why WE don't have 16 cars. However, if we did....we would support whoever WE chose to in any way WE saw fit.....just like Chevy does.....Chevy has 2.5 teams in reality and so does Toyota....My point is that Jimmie and all of those championships he brought to Chevy meant dick now that he is an owner. Family....as they say.

I think that WE are committed to supporting everybody equally (since the Next Gen), and that is why WE don't have 16 cars. However, if we did....we would support whoever WE chose to in any way WE saw fit.....just like Chevy does.....Chevy has 2.5 teams in reality and so does Toyota....My point is that Jimmie and all of those championships he brought to Chevy meant dick now that he is an owner. Family....as they say.
Please man, just drop the gimmick and talk to me like a normal person lol.

Please man, just drop the gimmick and talk to me like a normal person lol.
Hey man. I'm not a gimmick. You've gone there three times. Enough. This is how I love this sport. Use the mute button if it screws up your experience.

Hey man. I'm not a gimmick. You've gone there three times. Enough. This is how I love this sport. Use the mute button if it screws up your experience.
As I said before I like it, but I want to have a normal conversation right now. You keep brining up things I even already agreed with you on. That’s why I’m saying it’s a gimmick. Because you clearly aren’t reading

As I said before I like it, but I want to have a normal conversation right now. You keep brining up things I even already agreed with you on. That’s why I’m saying it’s a gimmick. Because you clearly aren’t reading
Dude, you brought up Kyle Busch....which has literally nothing to do with what we are discussing. Read your own posts.

Dude, you brought up Kyle Busch....which has literally nothing to do with what we are discussing. Read your own posts.
I did that because you mentioned how Chevy treated Johnson, their best driver or the last 20 years, so I mentioned how Toyota did their best driver ever. It’s called a comparisons.

I did that because you mentioned how Chevy treated Johnson, their best driver or the last 20 years, so I mentioned how Toyota did their best driver ever. It’s called a comparisons.
WE did that?

...and Kyle by his own admission refused Coach's offer to pay him out of his own pocket....but you know....bias and all.

That's a StandOnIt-o-phile line. Develop your own stuff.
I've never been accused of plagarizing someone's stuff here lmao. I think we both started using it after your guy David Wilson started to.

Back
Top Bottom