Cup RACE thread --- Dover

Uhm...no, the first part is to sell AND MANUFACTURE GM in China.
The second was from three days ago where SAIC is buying a controlling interest in ALL of GM. The information is on the web.
Read the bottom line lol.
DISCLAIMER: IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T REALIZED IT BY NOW, THIS WAS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE.

Yeah this doesn't sound toxic.
Seems like Bowman got a little bit frustrated with Larson aero blocking when racing for the stage win, which happens. Or, at some point at the end, but they weren't running near each other.

In any event, Bowman literally just said "thanks 5 car"

That was it. Nothing else. And his spotter more or less told him to ball up, and race him for it. Bowman told him to just let him drive the car, and Kevin goes "okay! Good luck!"

Kevin Hamlin sounds like an absolute ****head. He's making a big deal out of nothing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Read the bottom line lol.
DISCLAIMER: IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T REALIZED IT BY NOW, THIS WAS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE.
Someone finally caught that!

I am not a general motors fan... keep that in mind. That being said, there are a few drivers I follow that drive those things.

Someone finally caught that!

I am not a general motors fan... keep that in mind. That being said, there are a few drivers I follow that drive those things.
Wait so you tried peddling that article on here as FACT and didn’t know it was an April Fools Joke until SOI pointed it out to you, or you were in on your own joke and tried passing off fake news?

Just for fun
I went to NASCAR.com
Put on PRN radio
Then selected Kyle Busch’s in car camera
Watched the last 20 laps of second stage and entire last stage thru KB’s windshield.

Pretty interesting watching lap traffic come into play and how much it takes to pass someone
Noah put up a heck of fight trying to stay in front of Kyle

We might have another “big 3” kind of year shaping up with the 24, 11 and 5. They seem to be the standouts.

We might have another “big 3” kind of year shaping up with the 24, 11 and 5. They seem to be the standouts.
I'd agree....I would like to think we have the big 4 with MTJ....but I just don't know that he can race any of those three straight up. Second in points, however.

SHR has definitely been running much better than last year, like night and day.

This is a team that won 3 races in 2022 and almost made it to the round of 4 that season with Briscoe.

I think their struggles had been blown out of proportion. Hendrick struggled mightily in the late 2010's.
I think Gragson and Briscoe can show them the way back to every week relevance, Noah has been running so much better in the 10 than he was in the 42. That shows it was LMC, not Noah

I'd agree....I would like to think we have the big 4 with MTJ....but I just don't know that he can race any of those three straight up. Second in points, however.
He’s more consistent than the other 3. The team makes a lot less mistakes. It’s going to be interesting.

He’s more consistent than the other 3. The team makes a lot less mistakes. It’s going to be interesting.
I can't agree with that. It's putting the emphasis on wins because Byron has 3. I am still skeptical of if he can keep it up all year as he started great last season too and seemed to fade off at the end. I still think the 11 and the 5 are the ones to beat right now but I'd also throw Chase in there too. I think his resurgence has been understated because it was all about getting that win again but as always I feel like wins show little in some cases. Hamlin did not have the best car yesterday but the best overall execution. After going a long time without a top 5 Chas has top 5's in 4 of the last 5 with the one he did not top 5 being Talladega where they were just on the wrong strategy. He also would be working on 5 of 6 top 5's if not for the stupid penalty at COTA. He seems to be gaining more and more confidence finally with this car and I feel like he is just a slight tick off the 5 and the 11 but still close enough to complete. If had been able to gain that little both more track position yesterday the car was good enough to win. I know Larson improved 19 spots from where he started but Chase being up 24 from where he started was pretty impressive also.

On the note of Larson - Why does he again have to come out an complain? This time about it being too easy to block with the cameras? Please. You got beat. You will beat him again at some point and maybe he won't make excuses about it. I know I have been critical of Larson in the past and this is why. Always seems to have something to complain about when he does not win.

Hamlin did not have the best car yesterday but the best overall execution.
Not so sure about this. He was a rocket in the short run which is uncharacteristic of him. Great points about Chase. How the hell did he get to third in points? On the Larson topic....dude is pretty passive/aggressive IMO......he blocks and wins all good.....he gets blocked and loses, and let's get the cameras out of the cars. What is undeniable is that the is fast, and in my opinion the guy to beat for the championship....again.

Not so sure about this. He was a rocket in the short run which is uncharacteristic of him. Great points about Chase. How the hell did he get to third in points? On the Larson topic....dude is pretty passive/aggressive IMO......he blocks and wins all good.....he gets blocked and loses, and let's get the cameras out of the cars. What is undeniable is that the is fast, and in my opinion the guy to beat for the championship....again.
It's debatable on Hamlin. I thought the 5 was faster and so was the 19 at times. It's once again an issue though that on new tires no one can pass as all the cars are running similar speeds. Once the tires wore passing was possible as Chase and Larson made their way to the front but man if that tire had just a little more fall off in it the race could have been great. Not the chaos that Bristol was but a nice happy-medium I think.

In fairness don’t all the top drivers kinda bitch and moan after a race they lose?
Sure. Larson just seems to do it more and it's a bad look when a guy wins as much as he does and then bitches and makes excuses when he does not. I am trying to think of examples of others doing it....I know Chase was pissed at The Glen in 22. Hamlin always has something to bitch about and I am sure Kyle Busch has too but I really don't remember a lot in comparison to Larson. Maybe that's because he is freshest in my head right now though.

It's debatable on Hamlin. I thought the 5 was faster and so was the 19 at times. It's once again an issue though that on new tires no one can pass as all the cars are running similar speeds. Once the tires wore passing was possible as Chase and Larson made their way to the front but man if that tire had just a little more fall off in it the race could have been great. Not the chaos that Bristol was but a nice happy-medium I think.
I can't remember seeing Denny fire off faster, and be so quick on the short run. Larson was better on the long run, but Denny saved a bit for the end. He was not hanging on....he was managing the race--something he is very good at--and executed in the end.

I can't remember seeing Denny fire off faster, and be so quick on the short run. Larson was better on the long run, but Denny saved a bit for the end. He was not hanging on....he was managing the race--something he is very good at--and executed in the end.
Helps when Truex jacked up Larson's rear end on the restart allowing Jump Start Denny to get the lead. It will all come back to roost in good time.

Saw one of the nascar haulers heading west on I-70 yesterday am out of Columbus, OH. I'm assuming headed to Kansas. Man was he hammer down!

bd79090d3ab65aa425b4d466bf40cfbe.jpg
9bafb9ef997dc151b0bce11bb9f22f65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I can't agree with that. It's putting the emphasis on wins because Byron has 3. I am still skeptical of if he can keep it up all year as he started great last season too and seemed to fade off at the end. I still think the 11 and the 5 are the ones to beat right now but I'd also throw Chase in there too. I think his resurgence has been understated because it was all about getting that win again but as always I feel like wins show little in some cases. Hamlin did not have the best car yesterday but the best overall execution. After going a long time without a top 5 Chas has top 5's in 4 of the last 5 with the one he did not top 5 being Talladega where they were just on the wrong strategy. He also would be working on 5 of 6 top 5's if not for the stupid penalty at COTA. He seems to be gaining more and more confidence finally with this car and I feel like he is just a slight tick off the 5 and the 11 but still close enough to complete. If had been able to gain that little both more track position yesterday the car was good enough to win. I know Larson improved 19 spots from where he started but Chase being up 24 from where he started was pretty impressive also.

On the note of Larson - Why does he again have to come out an complain? This time about it being too easy to block with the cameras? Please. You got beat. You will beat him again at some point and maybe he won't make excuses about it. I know I have been critical of Larson in the past and this is why. Always seems to have something to complain about when he does not win.
After all the contact at Barber this Sunday at Indy, I'm tired of these guys complaints. Just move him dude, these cars are absolute tanks. The lack of contact in this series is ridiculous

Wait so you tried peddling that article on here as FACT and didn’t know it was an April Fools Joke until SOI pointed it out to you, or you were in on your own joke and tried passing off fake news?

Just look at his post history. He's still salty about Chevy and the big bad felon stealing Gordon away from Ford

Just look at his post history. He's still salty about Chevy and the big bad felon stealing Gordon away from Ford
im still confused about that article but i guess its one of life's mysteries at this point.

I swear to every God there is that I'm going to vomit when (James) Dennis passes Harvick all-time this season...

I swear to every God there is that I'm going to vomit when (James) Dennis passes Harvick all-time this season...

It is no worry. It will be more undetrimental than most people realize. Just throw a container filled with water after first consuming all the expensive paid-for beverage.

Even the making a statement denture throwing crowd is sophisticated to just throw the least expensive bottom plate. It just has the two teeth and is a better option than being dumb enough to throw the upper more expensive one with the three teeth.

MTJ will make noise before it's over. The 20 is the one that has me scratching my head. If they ever shed the black cloud that's following them, look out because they'll be in it too. I'd love to say the 9 will make appearances here and there but I don't have faith in that.

MTJ will make noise before it's over. The 20 is the one that has me scratching my head. If they ever shed the black cloud that's following them, look out because they'll be in it too. I'd love to say the 9 will make appearances here and there but I don't have faith in that.
Yeah, the 20 has always lacked consistency IMO. They are clutch, and that is why they have been in the Round of Four for two years. I'd like to see MTJ type consistency from him. I really don't know what keeps him from that, but I don't think the pit crew helps.

What concerns me with that team is the amount of parts failures I've seen. If I'm not mistaken they blew a caliper in the final at Phoenix?

What concerns me with that team is the amount of parts failures I've seen. If I'm not mistaken they blew a caliper in the final at Phoenix?
Parts are all the same, so I don't know what to make of that. It just always seems that the relationship between Martin and James is tenuous. Nothing close to what Martin had with Cole. I am not sure that Martin has complete confidence in James, and I am not sure that James has any desire to be tolerant of Martin's rants....which I feel is just the way he processes stress in the moment....but irritating nonetheless. I find it almost impossible to listen to him on the radio.

Yeah, the 20 has always lacked consistency IMO. They are clutch, and that is why they have been in the Round of Four for two years. I'd like to see MTJ type consistency from him. I really don't know what keeps him from that, but I don't think the pit crew helps.
This is not true. The 20 was winning pretty consistently for years until Gibbs decided enough of that and replaced a championship-winning driver with an up and comer because he was cheaper.

This is not true. The 20 was winning pretty consistently for years until Gibbs decided enough of that and replaced a championship-winning driver with an up and comer because he was cheaper.
....and that championship driver showed Gibbs, didn't he? Went out and won how many races after leaving? I suspect that market value was the undoing of Matt and JGR....as much as an investment in that up and comer.

....and that championship driver showed Gibbs, didn't he? Went out and won how many races after leaving? I suspect that market value was the undoing of Matt and JGR....as much as an investment in that up and comer.
Lol he drove for a failing Roush and a mid-pack CGR team.

Glad Larsin got the win

Back
Top Bottom