Cup RACE thread --- Dover

People s+^# on him, but he's a racer. You can tell he's passionate and puts every effort into being a better racecar driver which shows in his on track performance. Guy went from a backmarker to being able to top 10 any given sunday
Reddick coming in has really made him step up even more. He has improved a lot from his first few seasons at 23XI.

Great battle, Hamlin coming up off the bottom the final five laps made the difference. Larson was quicker at the end.

Ugh. Denny wins, talks junk when he wins, has swagger, proceeds to choke in October when this all matters. Rinse/Repeat

1714340698266.png

Hamlin comments about Lee Petty gained some respect from me. Don't get to talk about Lee Petty a whole lot, glad to hear some wholesome words for a massively important pioneer of the sport

A much-needed 4th place finish for Kyle Busch. William Byron ends up with a tough 33rd place finish.

Don't know... the volume just suddenly dropped a minute ago after being loud for several minutes.

Maybe my speaker is failing...

I was watching I think Pluto TV the other day and my speaker sounded like it popped and blew up, then there wasn’t any noise at all, no matter what app or antenna channel I went to. Turned my tv off and back on and it worked again.

Seriously, if Bell can get back in form. They will be fine, JGR will be.

HMS looks about as good as a whole as we've seen in a while.

Blaney quietly putting together solid run after solid run.
Both teams are bringing multiple cars to the track each weekend that can compete for the win, they’ve got a notebook for the Gen 7 at these places now and execute each week. Will be tough for other teams to displace them from the round of 8 at this rate.

That was frustrating. Larson was probably better than the 11 from lap 20 through the end of the tire run. The first long green run, he ran Hamlin down from 4 seconds back and was about to take the lead before coming to pit road.

But Denny just did too good of a job on the restart and had too much short run speed. Took advantage of his car's strength, did well with the air, and that was that.

If Larson could have maintained the lead that restart, he probably would have just needed to aero block for about 5 or so laps, and would have checked out, was the class of the field from lap 20 onward. Frustrating. Due for another win.

Good news is that he's not making mistakes, putting full races together, has 3x as many stage wins as anyone else and is starting to look like the early favorite for the regular season pts championship. So. Yay I guess.

Solid race today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sincerely hope that a manufacturer that represents the USA 100%, wins a race this year. But if not, will have to live with JGR taking the crown... fingers crossed.
"SAIC General Motors Corporation Limited (more commonly known as SAIC-GM; Chinese: 上汽通用汽车; formerly known as "Shanghai General Motors Company Ltd", "Shanghai GM"; Chinese: 上海通用汽车) is a joint venture between General Motors Company and SAIC Motor that manufactures and sells Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac brand automobiles"

"

Inside The Deal To Sell GM to China’s SAIC (2024)​

By now, you've no doubt heard the news: General Motors' Chinese partner, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) will take a controlling stake in GM by purchasing the equity sold to the U.S. and Canadian governments during the bailout. Published 3 days ago

Sincerely hope that a manufacturer that represents the USA 100%, wins a race this year. But if not, will have to live with JGR taking the crown... fingers crossed.
"SAIC General Motors Corporation Limited (more commonly known as SAIC-GM; Chinese: 上汽通用汽车; formerly known as "Shanghai General Motors Company Ltd", "Shanghai GM"; Chinese: 上海通用汽车) is a joint venture between General Motors Company and SAIC Motor that manufactures and sells Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac brand automobiles"

"

Inside The Deal To Sell GM to China’s SAIC (2024)​

By now, you've no doubt heard the news: General Motors' Chinese partner, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) will take a controlling stake in GM by purchasing the equity sold to the U.S. and Canadian governments during the bailout. Published 3 days ago
This is a partnership to sell Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac brand automobiles in Mainland China.

SHR has definitely been running much better than last year, like night and day.

This is a team that won 3 races in 2022 and almost made it to the round of 4 that season with Briscoe.

I think their struggles had been blown out of proportion. Hendrick struggled mightily in the late 2010's.

Back
Top Bottom