2024 Bahrain Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
First two races are on Saturday due to Ramadan beginning next Sunday.

Anyone gonna be able to qualify within two tenths of Verstappen? I doubt it.

I gotta say the landscaping around the track surface is unlike anything else. I am not sure if it is just more asphalt with some added sand coloring. I can't believe it is just the packed desert sand due to the blue colors designs or whatever the printed designs or supposed to be. It isn't awful just a different look.

Nothing is as hideous as the red ribbon around the COTA.

I gotta say the landscaping around the track surface is unlike anything else. I am not sure if it is just more asphalt with some added sand coloring. I can't believe it is just the packed desert sand due to the blue colors designs or whatever the printed designs or supposed to be. It isn't awful just a different look.

Nothing is as hideous as the red ribbon around the COTA.
It's asphalt. When they first went there in 2004 is used to be actual sand that they put spray on so it wouldn't be blown onto the track.

F2 with this new car, they follow a lot better than the previous car.

Please, watch F2 this season. This field is stacked.

In Q2 if a car is in the top 5 with only a minute to go why would they run a final hot lap, They are already virtually locked in and are at no risk of missing Q3, unless they do something crazy like damaging their car during that final minute.

They might want the additional track time but that could still be saved for the early moments of Q3 when they could get a lap on the record for a real grid position.

I dont usually follow the off track dramas including stuff like contracts etc. But If I am Red Bull or Mercedes I would be wanting Sainz to replace Perez or to join Russell.

I am sure there are a lot of behind the scenes developments that would go into those decisions that I am unaware of, just a casual observation.

In Q2 if a car is in the top 5 with only a minute to go why would they run a final hot lap, They are already virtually locked in and are at no risk of missing Q3, unless they do something crazy like damaging their car during that final minute.
Drivers staying in the pits thinking they're save has gone wrong multiple times.
The track develops a whole lot of grip over the course of a qualifying session.

Günther Steiner is now a co-host for RTL's F1 telecasts.
Commenting on a Haas qualifying in the Top 10 the other host told him "Now that you're gone they're doing better."
Please post any vids of that if you see any.

As far as quali goes, seems it may be a rinse and repeat of last year. Hope I am wrong.

Leclerc’s Q2 time would’ve been good for pole. That tow Max got from the end of Piastri’s lap may have helped as well. Overall, pretty tight qualifying session. Hopefully the race holds up fairly well.

Everyone is very close together. 2nd through 9th were separated by like 3 tenths. Crazy.

Max is in his own league. Even Checo in the same equipment is down with the rest.

F2 with this new car, they follow a lot better than the previous car.

Please, watch F2 this season. This field is stacked.
That got pretty wild towards the end. Draggy rear wing looks pretty wild, but they are awfully racey. I’d like to see Ritomo Miyata do well this year.

Checo’s job is safe. They’re not putting Ric on the main team ever again. Guy is literally washed.

But hey, everyone can now fight for P2. Checo barely finishing ahead of Sainz is hopeful for the rest I guess.

Checo’s job is safe. They’re not putting Ric on the main team ever again. Guy is literally washed.

But hey, everyone can now fight for P2. Checo barely finishing ahead of Sainz is hopeful for the rest I guess.
"Let Daniel pass for the championship." :rolleyes:
Pointless call to make, literally. Don’t know what the whole Red Bull infatuation with Ricciardo is.

Should’ve swapped them again at the end after he couldn’t pass anyone.

Back
Top Bottom