2023 Honda Indy Toronto

I'll have to catch the highlights on YouTube. I don't have Peacock, and this is my least favorite venue anyway, but the bad news is there are no F1 or sportscar races on either.

27 cars will be insane here
There haven’t been more than 25 here in over a decade. Hopefully everyone is well-behaved, but the track seems like it gets tighter each year. All that development squeezing the area and somehow no one cares to resurface the roads either.

I'll have to catch the highlights on YouTube. I don't have Peacock, and this is my least favorite venue anyway, but the bad news is there are no F1 or sportscar races on either.
ELMS and GTWC Europe are on YouTube tomorrow morning and have replays available pretty much immediately after.

Some of the Road to Indy stuff is free on YouTube. USF2000 about to roll off.

Oh, and the SCCC (which is basically like the Pilot Challenge Series but Canadian) runs a race later today at 4:30 EST from the track:

Thrilling qualifying session, from dry to wet to back to dry. Lundgaard scores his second career pole. Palou, who hadn’t started worse than 7th all season, was eliminated in Q1 and starts 15th.

Thrilling qualifying session, from dry to wet to back to dry. Lundgaard scores his second career pole. Palou, who hadn’t started worse than 7th all season, was eliminated in Q1 and starts 15th.
He'll still win with at least 8 seconds on the rest of the field.

At which point his dominance will start to become boring.

He'll still win with at least 8 seconds on the rest of the field.

At which point his dominance will start to become boring.
If he wins from 15th on a street course they should give him the Astor Cup today.

Since Cup is postponed, they might as well move the race to USA.
It would be nice but it’s easiest to get the contractual minimum done at Toronto. They’d probably have to switch a race out if they moved this.

In NBC’s defense, the proof is in the numbers. Viewers wouldn’t stay, and this is probably a more profitable venture.

Those of us who would watch are already watching.

They probably see it as an opportunity to drive more people to Peacock anyways. Who knows if the contractual obligations would be altered by simulcasting it on USA.
That’s what I’m thinking. Plus NASCAR has been delayed before and it hasn’t resulted in any measurable bump for INDYCAR.

Oh, weird. They were probably using it as a teaser to try to coax some of the NASCAR audience to move over to Peacock.
I don’t get the hate for Peacock.

$4.99/month. Everyone else is like $19.99/month.

And I know that’s an ad supported tier but I’ve never seen a commercial on Peacock unless it’s live programming.

And I know that’s an ad supported tier but I’ve never seen a commercial on Peacock unless it’s live programming.
Peacock offers so many promos too. I have it $0.99/month right now because of some WWE promo or something. By far the cheapest streaming sub I have.

I agree. Of all the large corporate streamers, Peacock is perhaps the most reasonably priced. If you're a fan of the motorsports series they cover and can't justify $5 per month with no longer commitment, I'm not sure what to say to that.

Back
Top Bottom