Pre-Race: 108th Indianapolis 500

Tomorrow will be fun. Dixon, Ericsson, Castroneves all in various forms of trouble for where you'd expect top names to be

Herta and Rosenqvist were probably two of the best Fast 12 bets for Honda and got really tough draws. Really good draws for the Penskes and Larson. I think he has a very good Fast 12 chance. Penske and McLaren seem to have the best Q speed.

Herta and Rosenqvist were probably two of the best Fast 12 bets for Honda and got really tough draws. Really good draws for the Penskes and Larson. I think he has a very good Fast 12 chance. Penske and McLaren seem to have the best Q speed.
Is Q still based on fastest 4-lap average?

Thanks.

What determines the qualification order?
I didn't even know there was one. I thought it was just 7 hours whoever lines up first can go first.

Scott McLaughlin very fast. Simpson at least and maybe Ganassi found ok speed. And now a big crash from Veekay. Crazy first 18 minutes

Does the Veekay team get to roll out the backup and qualify again today or do they automatically go to bump qualifying tomorrow?

I’m really surprised by how many reliability issues there’ve been this season by either manufacturer. A lot more engine changes than you’d expect at this point in the season and that might be change #2 for Larson in the span of three days. Wow.

Does the Veekay team get to roll out the backup and qualify again today or do they automatically go to bump qualifying tomorrow?
It’s early enough they can probably get back out there at some point, whether that’s with a backup car or rebuilding the left side back up.

I’m really surprised by how many reliability issues there’ve been this season by either manufacturer. A lot more engine changes than you’d expect at this point in the season and that might be change #2 for Larson in the span of three days. Wow.

It's not like it's been hot and they haven't ran a ton of laps on the oval.

What’s a plenum event?
Someone here can probably explain it better than me, but basically the air/fuel mixture burns up in the plenum before it can get to the combustion chamber. Can happen when you get on the limiter on a shift.

Someone here can probably explain it better than me, but basically the air/fuel mixture burns up in the plenum before it can get to the combustion chamber. Can happen when you get on the limiter on a shift.

Thanks, brother.

I don’t understand none of this even if you dumb it down to 5th grade level. That’s why I only watch on Sundays. 😅

Thanks, brother.

I don’t understand none of this even if you dumb it down to 5th grade level. That’s why I only watch on Sundays. 😅
It’s also how Pato lost St. Pete to Ericsson last year. Not sure why but I’ve heard it’s more liable to happening with Chevy than Honda.

After last year that would be soul crushing.
I've been saying it for years.

Rahal is a good driver, but he is not the guy to build an organization around. Still great on race days, fantastic even. Just I wonder if RLL would make a splash on a free agent for the 15 car because I think Fittpaldi, Lundgaard, and Rahal are a solid trio.

Just Graham outside of three great years just has been consistent, but has not helped elevate RLL to that next level.

Back
Top Bottom