IMSA 2023

Big race, I’m excited for this one. 48 cars, very important with the GTP title wide open. Am pretty curious to see how this track races with these cars. It’s been a minute since they’ve gone to Indy.

IMG_1745.jpeg

Time to get to speculating…Wayne said they’ll have an active F1 driver in one of their Acuras at the Rolex next January, and it won’t be Alonso again. With Red Bull still running Hondas through 2025, could it be Max? 🤔 He’s been wanting to get involved in sports cars for a while now already.

I tried to read this but the link doesn't work.

I hope Shank can get a car somewhere, but I don't think anyone is selling. That leaves Alpine as the most likely answer.
Oh, they changed the article after I read it.

I think we may see MSR in a GT category. It sounds as though Mike is confident they’ll still be around, just maybe not in GTP in 2024. I’m also holding out hope for the Alpine option. It makes sense to me with the AutoNation connection.

Oh, they changed the article after I read it.
I thought maybe they pulled the article, but thanks for posting the new link.

I think we may see MSR in a GT category. It sounds as though Mike is confident they’ll still be around, just maybe not in GTP in 2024.
We're trying to add cars, so this doesn't help.

See, if Shank could buy a car, there would be no problem, but to lose the defending champions and Rolex winners because we don't have enough cars available is just plain bad news and a very bad look for the series. I know I have complained about this for a long time, but here is the result.

When was the last time we had a car for every buyer? It was back when the P2 cars were allowed to compete for the overall.
I’m also holding out hope for the Alpine option. It makes sense to me with the AutoNation connection.
Another possibility might be the Aston, but at this point I'm not sure they could have it ready in time.

My best guess is Cadilac will cough up a car for Shank. The others have never offered customer cars, but Cadillac has always steped it up when we needed them. The one concept that only Porsche and Cadillac seem to understand is strength in numbers.

Great passes by the Penske Porsches, that’s 190 MPH down to 55 in turn 1…big braking. Derani just a bit too deep.

It’s crazy to think what this race can be with even bigger field as a 6-hour enduro next year. There was a lot of contact in the first half that eventually settled down, but it still got pretty contentious for the GTP and GTD class wins after the yellow.

The 31, 10, and 6 are separated by a total of 5 points, so it’s pretty much winner take all amongst them at Petit for the championship. I think the 25 also has an outside shot if they finish two or three spots ahead of all of them, so it’ll be as nuts as ever next month in Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom