Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

IMG_1057.jpeg

Live view. Still beautiful, even in the rain! It’s just spitting out here, but the track is still pretty wet. Probably at least a couple hours away. The rain to the south is lightening up, but it’ll likely still put a bit more moisture on the track before disappearing. Track dryers on track and looks to be starting track drying process soon. Just announced track gates closing in a minute, probably to get people off the track.

Looks to clear up around 5 EST. I believe Kansas has lights so no reason they don't get the race in today

Well... at least... for the first time in my life I am staying trackside at a hotel.

I'm still processing it a bit. Earlier in the week forecasts were ****, but for the last 48 hours up until 10am this morning, rain was not going to be an issue. At all. 10-20% rain. Now.... looking at the radar... yeah, this will be either very very late tonight or a Monday race. WTFFFFF

I'm not mad or "woe is me" it's just... pretty bizarre set of circumstances. Can't say I've seen this before in NASCAR or even my life where a beautiful weather forecast becomes 4+ hours of steady rain.

The weather looks a lot a better if one Googles "Hot Dorothy (wizard of oz) Outfit" to get a weather girl connection.

My Google search has revealed that no weather girl has ever done the weather dressed as Dorothy, from the Wizard of Oz, not even during tornado season.

Bit overdue, doncha think.

Update- dry pavement had been holding steady but it is moderately raining again. Lost any progress, I'm sure.

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
My Google search has revealed that no weather girl has ever done the weather dressed as Dorothy, from the Wizard of Oz, not even during tornado season.

Bit overdue, doncha think.
Just Google hot Dorothy outfit

Kinda glad as now I'll be able to focus on the F1 race. I'm far enough that when they say it's go time I will need to hustle over ASAP.

The weather channel radar is now less optimistic than it was earlier.

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom