2024 Rolex 24 at DAYTONA

I was hoping BMW would put up a bigger fight, but they still lack a little speed.

These overperformance penalties are ridiculous. I don't even understand it, so what's a new fan going to think?

As stacked as GTD Pro was, it’s amazing the three cars left in contention include two teams moving up from GTD and one part-timer.

I was hoping BMW would put up a bigger fight, but they still lack a little speed.

These overperformance penalties are ridiculous. I don't even understand it, so what's a new fan going to think?
In short, all the GTP cars have torque sensors on the rear axle to make sure the cars are abiding by their BoP power figure. Pretty strange Porsche are having so many issues this weekend because I don’t remember it being much of an issue for anyone last year.

62 Risi car sounds a little sickly.

The 1 is struggling with brake issues... GTD Pro might get wild.

Just gutting for PMR. Damn. Was a fantastic Pro debut for them otherwise.

Down to Risi and Rexy now.

Earlier, like about 20 hours ago. I believe all of the Mustangs are still running.
55 and 65 retired, 64 is still out there six or seven laps down.

The two Pro cars had to replace the rear deck lids early yesterday after they came undone from all the buffeting in traffic. Some things that just can’t be replicated in the sim or even in testing.

1 hour, 35 minutes to go, 738 laps, 2627.28 miles in

Stupid theoretical question - do you have to be running at the end to win?

Say I have a six-lap lead in class, and I blow up with two to go. When the checkers drop, I still have three or four laps on the next car in class. Do I win?

If there had to be a late race caution (and I had hoped it would stay green), I wouldn't have guessed it would come at their expense. One car damaged through no fault of their own, and one imitating an infield grille.

This one isn't going to set a new record for average speed. We must be around or over 4 hours of yellow by now.

Stupid theoretical question - do you have to be running at the end to win?

Say I have a six-lap lead in class, and I blow up with two to go. When the checkers drop, I still have three or four laps on the next car in class. Do I win?
IMSA rule is you don’t have to take the checkered on track.

Gonna be a shootout in all four classes. Lots of cars getting their lap back. Not sure the 7 has enough energy remaining, and I think the Porsches still struggle on tires in the heat.

Back
Top Bottom