2023 Qatar Grand Prix

edit: LOL Doc and I both were referred the same article thanks to DA ALGORITHM

To add to this, the seriousness of the FIA as a body can be summed up in this interview with MBS:

"We have to work on a solution," explained Ben Sulayem. "One of the solutions is to make it slippery when they go off. Nobody can stop the drivers except the drivers themselves."

Didn't the race director state the race track ends at the white line? The drivers wanted "actual" track limits, they got them.
Paint and tire-piercing curbs are each inadequate for different reasons, imo. If they want drivers to quit going off of the defined track they need to just install a grass or gravel strip a few feet wide on the outside of whatever trouble corners there are. No need to reinvent the wheel. That should be all the policing necessary.

If they found a solution for Austria, another track built to accommodate both FIM and FIA Grade 1, they can find a reasonable fix here.

If they found a solution for Austria, another track built to accommodate both FIM and FIA Grade 1, they can find a reasonable fix here.
They had a staggering number of post race track limits violations in Austria. It's one of the tracks Ben Sulayem said might have to go.

I get it racing has to be safe, but if you take all the teeth completely out of it we may as well be racing RC, or even slotcars.

They had a staggering number of post race track limits violations in Austria. It's one of the tracks Ben Sulayem said might have to go.

I get it racing has to be safe, but if you take all the teeth completely out of it we may as well be racing RC, or even slotcars. The way it's going they may as well pave two square miles and put line where the "track" is supposed to be.

I’m pretty sure they committed to changing the track ahead of next season’s race after that weekend.

Back
Top Bottom