truthfulone is gone

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
I banned him, but I had to think long and hard about doing it.
He wasn't any worse than some regulars can be around here.
Maybe it was the idea that some newbie came in and started throwing
barbs. He was rude and condescending, but some of you can be just as rude.

Some of you need to take a look in the mirror and ask "am I doing the same thing"?

He had his agenda and it had nothing to do with discussing NASCAR. I can't say that I'm sorry to see him gone. Thanks TRL.

I'm glad, because he was was in the process of removing my enjoyment of the forum. I have left a few forums because of members like that, when it just stopped being fun because of one guy, didn't want that to happen here.

I banned him, but I had to think long and hard about doing it.
He wasn't any worse than some regulars can be around here.
Maybe it was the idea that some newbie came in and started throwing
barbs. He was rude and condescending, but some of you can be just as rude.

Some of you need to take a look in the mirror and ask "am I doing the same thing"?

I know that I am guilty of that. I have a tendency to get a little amped up sometimes. But nothing TFO said was ever enough to make me hate him/her. I just laughed at most of his/her idiocy!

But I will check myself before I wreck myself...

I know that I am guilty of that. I have a tendency to get a little amped up sometimes. But nothing TFO said was ever enough to make me hate him/her. I just laughed at most of his/her idiocy!

But I will check myself before I wreck myself...

I think the problem was that his sole reason for being here was to instigate fights with other posters and disparage what many of us consider our favorite sport. Obviously some of us take issue with certain aspects of NASCAR but at the end of the day it's our love of NASCAR racing that brings us back here each day.

Also, this board has some great personalities. We don't need some made up character to keep things interesting here. We all do our part. We go back and forth between arguing and joking with seemingly casual aplomb, which is refreshing. Especially on a board where we don't all pull for the same drivers.

My point is that I like it the way it is and I am glad that people who come here solely for the purpose of being a nuisance are quickly dispatched.

I think that all of us who tried to verbally battle this dude were part of the problem . Kudos to those of you who realized ,before we did , that we were only encouraging him. As soon as a guy like this stops getting replies to his garbage , he will go away on his own.

I'm glad, because he was was in the process of removing my enjoyment of the forum. I have left a few forums because of members like that, when it just stopped being fun because of one guy, didn't want that to happen here.

:cheers:

Perhaps TRL was worried about collateral damage.

LOL. I had to edit a post after cause I sank to his level.....I felt good for the 12 mins it was on there though in full disclosure:) FIFlash's signature got to me! I need to steal it.

Nice attempt though.

Yeah. I had just gotten him to start chatting it up with truthfulgnome.

Perhaps TRL was worried about collateral damage.

I didn't get it at first because truthfulgnome was banned for spam with no other explaination. I just though it would be fun to have a little mouse everyone could play with when there is no racing. My plan was to ignore him during race weekend, then turn him on again on Monday. It would have been fun watching the little energizer troll run out of juice.

I think that all of us who tried to verbally battle this dude were part of the problem . Kudos to those of you who realized ,before we did , that we were only encouraging him. As soon as a guy like this stops getting replies to his garbage , he will go away on his own.
I tried to have an honest conversation with him, but bowed out. It was the right thing to do.
Now, where were we.....

I missed the noob. I've pretty much stopped posting here because of such behavior. I don't feel like I am able to have my own opinion because of the reaction I get when I do post my opinion.

I don't feel like I am able to have my own opinion because of the reaction I get when I do post my opinion.

That's unfortunate, Lisa. Your opinions cannot be any more lame than many we all see on here daily!
And yes, I include myself in that comment...

I missed the noob. I've pretty much stopped posting here because of such behavior. I don't feel like I am able to have my own opinion because of the reaction I get when I do post my opinion.

+1

ANT THREAD U START HERE GOES INTO A CHIT HOLE BY AT LEAST THE FIFTH POST

That's the nature of message boards. You have to have a thick skin. Just as one person has a right to their opinion everyone has a right to respond to, agree or disagree with that opinion. So I guess my point is that some people just aren't cut out for message boards. If you can't handle people disagreeing with your opinions or are easily offended or hypersensitive then it may be best to just lurk.

was he the one coming here, saying how much greater the NFL is then Nascar on a racing forum?

That's the nature of message boards. You have to have a thick skin. Just as one person has a right to their opinion everyone has a right to respond to, agree or disagree with that opinion. So I guess my point is that some people just aren't cut out for message boards. If you can't handle people disagreeing with your opinions or are easily offended or hypersensitive then it may be best to just lurk.

NAILED IT THERE YOU DID.

Some people can dish it out but can't take it.

If you have a pist attitude, others will have the same with you.

Now that's a kick a*s avitar Matthew!

Big Smoke, that guy has a nasty attitude. I bet, if Smoke had an avatar, it would be Truthfulone.

Cause his opinion about the fans is so spot on. We all just want wrecks. Or at least the hundreds of thousands of people who went to dega did. According to TONY anyhow. Cause you know, he is the smartest man in the racing universe. SOoooooooooooooooooooooo smart in fact, that he can just throw the fan in the trash who likes what he likes. That's ok, Tony never has problems with companies who want to pay him money to put their name on his car.

I bet there was a Tony fan from the dega area who worked his/her ass off to be at that race. Maybe a fan who doesn't have the money to travel farther to another track. I feel sorry for that person. I really do.

That's ok though. Smoke is so "PASSIONATE" about his racing that he has no ability to put himself in his fans shoes. It's not his fault. It's just that he's so "competitive". I call it being an a$$hole.

Cause his opinion about the fans is so spot on. We all just want wrecks. Or at least the hundreds of thousands of people who went to dega did. According to TONY anyhow. Cause you know, he is the smartest man in the racing universe. SOoooooooooooooooooooooo smart in fact, that he can just throw the fan in the trash who likes what he likes.

Glad you finally see the light!

Back
Top Bottom