The Shootout

As to the broadcast I muted also and listened to Nascar on Sirius. Their coverage was much better.
Of course, when Krista Voda came on screen I had to switch back just to hear her honey voice...

Congrats to Tony, I guess. I wasn't thrilled with his little move, but I don't care for Kyle Busch, so can't be too pissed.

Not pleased with Junior's last lap actions, but in typical Junior fashion, he owns up to it.

Same here on both accounts. Tony knocks someone out of the way but does not crash anyone everyones pissed.....JR bumps drafts causes a wreck no one says a word.

Sadler himself said he got a little loose off the corner at the same instant Junior touched him. If Sadler wasn't mad about it, why should we be angry?

Where Tony touched Kyle was potentially more dangerous --- the center of the corner. Kyle made a fantastic save.

Had both Tony and Junior been slamming drivers, then yes, criticism is due.

But it seems all the drivers involved have chalked it up to "racin' deal."

Sadler himself said he got a little loose off the corner at the same instant Junior touched him. If Sadler wasn't mad about it, why should we be angry?

Where Tony touched Kyle was potentially more dangerous --- the center of the corner. Kyle made a fantastic save.

Had both Tony and Junior been slamming drivers, then yes, criticism is due.

But it seems all the drivers involved have chalked it up to "racin' deal."

I think by now we all know that what drivers say and what they really think are often two different things.

Sadler knows full well that it's better to take the blame - even though he didn't deserve it - than it is to say anything, in anyway, negative about god.

If you watched Sadler and Junior immediately after the incident, where Elliott walked up to Junior in the car, his body language and and smile told me that he wasn't really pissed.

And Junior isn't a god. He's a driver that makes mistakes just like any other driver. And I, for one, will call him on it.

Yes, he made an error touching Elliot. And it cost some teams some cars, for that he should be called to account. But he didn't avoid the question, and took the blame. If he had tried to place blame on someone else, different story.

Not pleased with Junior's last lap actions, but in typical Junior fashion, he owns up to it.

[QUOTE}TexasRaceLady: Sadler himself said he got a little loose off the corner at the same instant Junior touched him. If Sadler wasn't mad about it, why should we be angry? Had both Tony and Junior been slamming drivers, then yes, criticism is due. [QUOTE}

Seems Dale, Jr., has been picking up where Jimmie Johnson left off. What is the difference between what Dale did in the shootout and past actions of a similar nature by Jimmie Johnson?? With Earnhardt it is okay because he says he was at fault ???

I do not care if he says it is his fault or not, he admits to a rookie mistake of trying to bump draft while still in the turn and that makes it right ??

Jimmie Johnson was slammed by posters on every forum on the internet for committing the same egregious error last year and Johnson admitted he was iat fault. True, Johnson had on many previous occasions, spent numerous hours in the media center attempting to place the blame elsewhere (who me ? Not my fault !!! It was the bird droppings on the windshield blocked my vision and threw my timing off) but since his awakening, Johnson has been upfront about those mistakers and his driving improved.

Admitting errors is an admirable trait but correcting them so they are reduced in number is as well. Dale has been halfway there for a couple of years but hasn't really progress much beyond admitting he was the cause. Perhaps he should work on the problem of why, patience.

Or, he might be working with his personality too, like his Dad. "Mr. Hail good fellow well met" in the garage but "watch out, no holds barred, on the track".

As to the broadcast I muted also and listened to Nascar on Sirius. Their coverage was much better.
Of course, when Krista Voda came on screen I had to switch back just to hear her honey voice...

FOX's coverage is terrible. I just hate Larry Redneck Mac's voice. Mike Joy irritates the hell out of me and Darrell Waltrip is just too opinionated. Their graphics last year were solid, but this year, they're huge. The entire effing top of the screen. The ad space is too big, the ticker is too big. The name plates are too big. The numbers are too big. Everything about their graphics package is awful.

FOX's coverage is terrible. I just hate Larry Redneck Mac's voice. Mike Joy irritates the hell out of me and Darrell Waltrip is just too opinionated. Their graphics last year were solid, but this year, they're huge. The entire effing top of the screen. The ad space is too big, the ticker is too big. The name plates are too big. The numbers are too big. Everything about their graphics package is awful.

Use the mute button if you don't want to hear Larry Mac. :D He's great.
I use the mute for the ones that get on my last nerve. :)

Waltrip simply takes his stupid metaphors way, way to far.

I find Larry pretty smart about stuff but will he please stop calling a pole a "po".

After hearing Mike Joy over the weekend say that Hall of Fame Racing used Terry Labonte last year to gain some valuable experience for the team just blows me away. Does he really see the viewers as people so stupid that they believe that?

They are even starting to use "co-opitition" as if it's a real word.:rolleyes:

And how much ya wanna bet that Larry uses "I used to tell my guys not to roll the tires thru the pits at Darlington, put 'em on a cart so you don't wear 'em out!"
I think he's used that every time they go there.

Andy, are you watching it on a standard TV or on a widescreen set? I didn't think the graphics were as crowded as years past, my I have a widescreen set. But I saw a glipmse of it on a standard set and it did look more crowded on there.

Seems Dale, Jr., has been picking up where Jimmie Johnson left off...

Careful there Whizzer. You know with Lil'E being the "Face Of ByGod NASCAR" I'd hate to see the wrath of Junyer Nation come down on you. Good folks have been banned for less so don't think your advancing decrepitness is gonna buy you a pass. If he wants to wreck all 42 cars out there like it was a demolition derby then it is his God given right 'cause he's the Son and NASCAR knows not to piss off Junyer Nation. They might stop buying tickets and tshirts.

As to the broadcasters, let's start a petition to put Krista Voda in the announcer's booth. Who's with me?

Andy, are you watching it on a standard TV or on a widescreen set? I didn't think the graphics were as crowded as years past, my I have a widescreen set. But I saw a glipmse of it on a standard set and it did look more crowded on there.

Both... I hate the adspace... I hate everything about them. Too FOX-ized.

This has to be a record......not even one points race and the whiney-bitch Jr complainers are already out.

I will agree that Jr did take the blaime for it, and not cover it up like Tony did.

I really don't have anything agents little E, He is a good driver, but im just not much of a fan anymore, expecialy after meeting him, but no need to go in to that.

I will agree that Jr did take the blaime for it, and not cover it up like Tony did.

I really don't have anything agents little E, He is a good driver, but im just not much of a fan anymore, expecialy after meeting him, but no need to go in to that.

I met Junyer, he was a pretty cool guy. Of course I also snuck in and passed off as press. :D

Careful there Whizzer. You know with Lil'E being the "Face Of ByGod NASCAR" I'd hate to see the wrath of Junyer Nation come down on you. Good folks have been banned for less so don't think your advancing decrepitness is gonna buy you a pass. If he wants to wreck all 42 cars out there like it was a demolition derby then it is his God given right 'cause he's the Son and NASCAR knows not to piss off Junyer Nation. They might stop buying tickets and tshirts.

As to the broadcasters, let's start a petition to put Krista Voda in the announcer's booth. Who's with me?

I was never banned :idunno:

And my comments were really over the top. :D

I can fix that if i ever wanted to, not that i ever would, i leave the bannings to them other peoples. And you'd probably fill up my screen with IMs.

I can fix that if i ever wanted to, not that i ever would, i leave the bannings to them other peoples. And you'd probably fill up my screen with IMs.

:lol2:

Actually, my buddy list was deleted...

I only suggested all drivers be tested for substance abuse :idunno:

Andy, many years ago, many Junior fans got banned from this forum, but that was then and this is now. I find that like his father, Jr is an either love him or hate him type of guy. Jeff Gordon is like that and Jimmie Johnson is beginning to become that way. I'd guess it's for one reason and that's because they are successful. Of course, it all depends on how you define successful. Jeffy is more successful than Jimmie who is more successful than Junior, but Senior was more successful than Jeffy. How'd I do that? :)

I do hope y'all know I was pulling the Whiz's leg. At least I hope he knows it. But, after reading some of the following posts I'm not so sure.
It's going to be a long season...

I do hope y'all know I was pulling the Whiz's leg. At least I hope he knows it. But, after reading some of the following posts I'm not so sure. It's going to be a long season...

Is that what that tugging on my pants cuff was ?? :)

Yes, a long season indeed. The comments were geared to point out how assinine many posters were last season when Jimmie Johnson made some really dumb and overly anxious moves. His explanations were countered with cat calls and profound disbelief, even after coming to the realization he needed to 'fess up rather than blame the position of the stars for his errors. Johnson not only began to 'fess up, but his driving improved which was a good thing.

Dale, on the other hand, continues to be excitable and impatient, causes wrecks, doesn't seem to improve and yet is exonerated becase he admits he was at fault. Well, BIG FREAKIN' WHOOP !!!!!

This is not to flame Dale, but to point out to the few Earnhardt fans who feel he walks on water, knows where to find the Holy Grail or carried the Ten Commandments from the mount should remember one of them was dropped.:D

Back
Top Bottom