Nascar Trivia

Sorry to leave you hanging, Buck:

M. Martin--1 truck win, bunch of BGN and NC wins.

T. Labonte---see above.

K. Schrader---won in all three.

Harvick and Biffle, you get points for those two. :lol:

Ok..somebody else's turn.

I don't remember ol' Bobby ever winning a Busch race. But then again, I don't remember Marky, Terry or Kenny winning in the trucks either. For that matter, I don't remember Kenny winning a Busch race either. :ph34r:

Okay, let's try something else...

The first Grand National (today's Nextel Cup) driver killed in a race was Larry Mann of Yonkers, NY, who flipped his Hudson Hornet September 14, 1952. He had violated racing superstition by doing what?

I dont know that much but I can guess blindly with the best of'em!

Ok..Jim Roper won the first ever Nascar stock car race( I think in '49) What brand of car was he driving?

Originally posted by muggle not+Oct 18 2004, 07:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muggle not @ Oct 18 2004, 07:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kat2220@Oct 17 2004, 09:57 PM
Shorty Rollins- 1958&nbsp; :D
fergy1370, did kat get the answer? :) :cheers: [/b][/quote]
Yep, that was it.

your supposed to ask a question after answering. otherwise the thread dies.

Originally posted by MCanyon@Oct 19 2004, 06:38 AM
your supposed to ask a question after answering. otherwise the thread dies.
Yes, but you don't ask a question until your answer is CONFIRMED by the original "asker" as sometmes the answer s are wrong.

Ok, a question based on a little Nascar lore. If no one gets the answer I will post it in a couple days.

With million-dollar corporate deals at stake, punch-outs in the infield and jugs of 'shine are a lot less common than they used to be. So are the crazy characters of the sport.

Question:
A former Nascar driver, he was once voted the most popular, once landed his plane on the main street of a town, strolled into a store, bought a six-pack and then took off. Name him.

Curtis Turner...who was Nascar's first most popular driver in 1956

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Oct 19 2004, 04:40 PM
Curtis Turner...who was Nascar's first most popular driver in 1956
Correct, Turner did land a plane on main street of a town, get a six-pacxk, and then proceed to take-off.

Your go Patrick.

Thanks, Muggle.

Who were the first and last drivers to be champion and most popular driver in the same year?

Originally posted by buckaroo@Oct 20 2004, 04:31 PM
I'll take a shot at this one. Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip?
Sorry, Buckaroo.

Back
Top Bottom