NASCAR 2024 - BOLD Prediction Thread

See I’m of the opposite, I find the odds & past data of Denny Hamlin to be a champion to be quite low, however if it does happen, it will be a BOLD prediction.
WTF is the point of a prediction if it isn't going to be bold? I like my chances.

NASCAR Cup Series will have AT LEAST 12 Overtime finishes in the 2024 season...
This is a good one, I wonder what the record is for most in a season? Thats the cue for Bill Weber’s music

This is a good one, I wonder what the record is for most in a season? Thats the cue for Bill Weber’s music
I guess my question when counting is are we just talking races with overtime as you only count it once, or do you count multiple overtimes in a race separately?

I should have made it simpler .
12 races total will each end in a overtime finish.
The races could have multiple overtime, but that is not the prediction.
The finishes are what I stated earlier...

To those considering a prediction that concerns the Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum . . . . .

Hear ye, Hear ye !!!

The predicted event must occur sometime after the prediction is made and before the end of the day of the last race of the 2024 season.

A Busch Clash prediction, or any other prediction related to something occurring between the time of the prediction and the start of the Daytona 500, is entirely acceptable.

BOLD!

Same as last year.
That's why I didn't go with a repeat of last years pick. The one about Jeff Burton over-gerbalizing and sustaining a rotator cuff like injury to his jaw joint that would force him to retire.

But I have had so many people to write and tell me how much the pick inspired them and how the thought gave them some hope in this life. In many cases from people living through extreme difficulty who were comforted by the positive nature of the prediction.
I have also been booked to give inspiring speeches to audiences that are down on their luck and needing to be encouraged.

My people are in current negotiations with the Hallmark card representatives. They have reached out to us about putting the thought on a card or even doing a cheerful "and everybody lived happily ever after" type of movie centered around the pleasant theme of a gerbil having a career ending injury.
I am also starting to get calls from Oslo, Norway.

Always be hopeful through the storms our best days are yet to come.

That's why I didn't go with a repeat of last years pick. The one about Jeff Burton over-gerbalizing and sustaining a rotator cuff like injury to his jaw joint that would force him to retire.

But I have had so many people to write and tell me how much the pick inspired them and how the thought gave them some hope in this life. In many cases from people living through extreme difficulty who were comforted by the positive nature of the prediction.
I have also been booked to give inspiring speeches to audiences that are down on their luck and needing to be encouraged.

My people are in current negotiations with the Hallmark card representatives. They have reached out to us about putting the thought on a card or even doing a cheerful "and everybody lived happily ever after" type of movie centered around the pleasant theme of a gerbil having a career ending injury.
I am also starting to get calls from Oslo, Norway.

Always be hopeful through the storms our best days are yet to come.

Always hopeful that @Greg's prediction is proven to be true just so it has a chance of being voted the most bold, thereby ensuring the game's awards banquet to be attended by an overflowing horde in fervent anticipation of his acceptance speech. :cool:

Always hopeful that @Greg's prediction is proven to be true just so it has a chance of being voted the most bold, thereby ensuring the game's awards banquet to be attended by an overflowing horde in fervent anticipation of his acceptance speech. :cool:
Just as well if it doesn't come true. Attending the banquet means I'd have to buy a new little black dress.

The final result of at least one race in the 2024 NASCAR Cup Season will be determined in a hearing or meeting held no less than 24 hours after the conclusion of the event.

Bonus prediction: The driver who crosses the finish line first in this race will not be the winner.

Double bonus prediction: It will be a playoff cutoff race, the decision won't actually affect the championship outcome at all, and the hearing may even be televised.

The final result of at least one race in the 2024 NASCAR Cup Season will be determined in a hearing or meeting held no less than 24 hours after the conclusion of the event.

Bonus prediction: The driver who crosses the finish line first in this race will not be the winner.

Double bonus prediction: It will be a playoff cutoff race, the decision won't actually affect the championship outcome at all, and the hearing may even be televised.

The first line of this post will be considered the prediction submitted by @virtualbalboa.

The follow-up predictions make it that much more interesting.

Request to change my prediction.

Kyle Larson will pull off the double; he will win the 2024 Indianaplis 500, and the 2024 World 600.

Similar to the pick by @hmmm298 post # 6, but clearly different enough with the my pick to win the World 600.

The deadline for prediction submittals is set at noon eastern time, Sunday, February 18th, 2024, the scheduled date of the 2024 Daytona 500.

Predictions to date:

NASCAR 2024 - BOLD PREDICTIONS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom