Kurt Busch

wait..it's tuesday..where's the verdict from NASCAR? It used to be monday, then tuesday, do they issue them on wednesday now, or did the entire racing world just not hear the jury foreman? They said any rules infraction with the COT would be heavy (as they demonstrated with the 8 car), i wonder if they meant getting physical with the car too?

wait..it's tuesday..where's the verdict from NASCAR? It used to be monday, then tuesday, do they issue them on wednesday now, or did the entire racing world just not hear the jury foreman? They said any rules infraction with the COT would be heavy (as they demonstrated with the 8 car), i wonder if they meant getting physical with the car too?

I was going to ask this earlier and my computer froze up on me. Has NASCAR released anything about this incident? Did they even release a statement saying they were "reviewing the situation" or something like that?

No, but traditionally when races are held over and run on Mondays rules infractions aren't handed out until Wed.

And I know in your little world this may be the most important thing there is for the folks at NASCAR to deal with, but I think he dealth of one of its great pioneers certainly could delay things a day or so.

Fact is, there are a lot of Busch "haters" on this board & that's fine. But...just come out & say it, don't use a basic chop job during a race as your reasoning to bash him because many of the top drivers do the same thing every week.No one on here can honestly say that many drivers have lifted to avoid the same incident when Johnson,Stewart,Harvick, etc do the same move on a regular basis. For one, Stewart knew he was coming & decided not to lift.He admitted this in his typical post race comments. Therefore, he is as responsible for the on track accident as Busch. Did this decision endanger other drivers, security personnel, innocent bystandards ?? Absolutely. Anything could happen during a wreck. They were both equally moronic in their on track foolery & post race babble. Busch was 100% wrong to go overboard on pit road & should be punished for that. However, noone can make me believe that the on track incident wasn't a 50-50 deal. Two champions acting like this week after week is pretty pathetic IMO.

Fact is, there are a lot of Busch "haters" on this board & that's fine. But...just come out & say it, don't use a basic chop job during a race as your reasoning to bash him because many of the top drivers do the same thing every week.No one on here can honestly say that many drivers have lifted to avoid the same incident when Johnson,Stewart,Harvick, etc do the same move on a regular basis. For one, Stewart knew he was coming & decided not to lift.He admitted this in his typical post race comments. Therefore, he is as responsible for the on track accident as Busch. Did this decision endanger other drivers, security personnel, innocent bystandards ?? Absolutely. Anything could happen during a wreck. They were both equally moronic in their on track foolery & post race babble. Busch was 100% wrong to go overboard on pit road & should be punished for that. However, noone can make me believe that the on track incident wasn't a 50-50 deal. Two champions acting like this week after week is pretty pathetic IMO.

My problem is with the pit road incident.:mad:

If you read the posts, I don't think anyone is defending Tony for the on track thing. I as well as most here have posted that it was 2 bullheaded stubborn idiots to ruin 2 top ten cars with over 100 laps to go. They ruined it for them selves, their crews and their fans.

No one I've read is wanting Kurt penalized for the on track inncident, so it would appear we're in 100% agreement so what is your gripe about? It's truly hard to understand what you're saying when you completely contradict yourself, then express the very bias you're acqusing everyone else of.

Would you mind explaining though why it isn't a 50 /50 deal and Tony is guilty because he didn't lift and Kurt is just innocent??
If lifting was an option to avoid the wreck, didn't Kurt also have an accellerator pedal he could have lifted on too??

I guess I misunderstood what they were doing out there, I thought they were racing? It's a curtasy one driver might lift for another, it is certainly not madatory when they're racing, so usually it's the one that can't control his car and keep in his on lane that is at fault. Heck from Biffles in car you can see Kurt hit him just a few minutes before he got int Tony. 90% clear is NOT clear, even Kurt said he thought he was 90% clear

Good golly guys, you are such goody two shoes. You act like these guys are nothing but angels out there. Seems you forget some of the things you said about Tony in the past.

I'm sure that NASCAR will probably fine that bad boy Kurt and it will probably hurt, but I doubt that they will suspend him. Probably a very strict probation, but even there, it's only because of what we have in today's society. In years past, this would have been a yawner. Nobody was hurt and the jackman, wasn't even holding a jack. I could have seen this in years past, with the jackman weilding his jack, swinging it at the car.

Guys, you know what, this sport is dangerous and those who participate in it, know just how dangerous it is, even those over the wall pit crew memebers. That jackman obviously thought that he there was some danger with bad boy Kurt coming down the pit lane as he didn't hesitate jumping out of the way. I say, way to go. You are on the top of your game, understanding what can and does happen on pit road.

So here's my question to y'all who seem to hate Tony, but wait, you hate Kurt more, what will you say if Tony retaliates? Who's gonna say "Good for you Tony?"

One last thing on this and then I'll move on, do you think that NASCAR is really thinking, "Wow, this is going to help in the viewership. People will now tune in to see if anything will happen between the two of these guys in the future"? Well, if they aren't, they're full of crap. :rolleyes:

Bingo just what this boring season needed!!

I won't say "hate" because I don't take it serious enough to seriously "hate" anyone.
I will admit though that I have a strong dislike of him and his pompous attitude.:D Right or wrong, I do find myself wondering what kind of parents those 2 have because they are exactly the same and the type that would get a few smacks if they were to act like they do around what I consider "normal" people.
I will also admit that he was starting to grow on me, he did have me fooled into thinking that he had turned the corner. Apparently not, that pit road deal was over the top.
I also think that Kurt has as much talent as anyone on the track.
JMO's.

Harvick pulled the same move on Rudd a few years ago on pit road. Just as dangerous, just as stupid. That is a fact.

Although there was nobody around Rudds car, and Rudd did out right punt Kevin in the closing laps, I agree and Harvick should have been penalized more severely for it. Busch might not of done it had Kevin sat a race for it, or at least had some sort of severe penalty.
JMO

I want to see the crewmember beat the crap out of Bucsh. That would have been more exciting than the race.

Looks like one race suspension for the pit road incident, and 100 points and $100,000 for violations to the car.

Eagle, you make a good point about BOTH drivers having the ability to lift in that situation. But the one thing people are overlooking is Busch turned right while not having Stewart cleared. That's on him. Ask anyone that's ever raced and I'd say most of them would agree with that. Could Stewart have lifted? Yes. But like I said several pages back, Biffle was right behind him and would have probably drilled Stewart. A wreck was going to happen either way once Busch decided to turn right without having Stewart cleared.

Some of the other comparisons to other pit road incidents don't compare to what Busch did. Busch deliberately put a crew member in danger with his stunt since the crew member was on the same side of the car that he was aiming for. None of the other examples given can compare. Yes, someone could have gotten hurt in those instances. But they weren't standing in the middle of pit road next to a car. Busch should be suspended.

Busch deliberately put a crew member in danger with his stunt since the crew member was on the same side of the car that he was aiming for.

I missed the excitement here at work so please excuse me if I have something out of order. It was mentioned sometime back that the crew member was the jack man and he didn't have his jack. Also where were the other 4? IOW why was the jackman going out by himself?

I figured the punishment would come quicker. How long doessomething like this take?

I am starting to think that the penalty may be pretty severe. In any case we will probably see Kurt racing at Pocono this week as there will undoubtedly be an appeal of whatever suspension he gets.

Sissies, sissies, sissies. I heard something on the old Rush Limbaugh Show today that just about sums it up for me and what I've been saying. It seems that today, we are raising nothing but sissies, or as he calls it, the new castratti. As a friend of mine from work, who's late brother was a major force in RJR Sports Marketing said, "Nothing but a bunch of p@ssies out on the track these days. I don't think there's a one of them that can drive a CAT like Dale Earnhardt could!"

Let me make myself perfectly clear here (hold on, the dog wants in...). These kids out on the track are drivers...good and some are great drivers. Actually, their skill puts them in a totally different area as it were for race drivers. But that's really sort of the problem in my mind. Yeah, they can wheel a race car with the best of them, but the country is full of good to great drivers. Today, these guys have to be more, much more than good drivers. I'm not going to say that they have to be pretty boys, but lets face it, these days, any ugly dudes out there? Any way overweight boys out there? No, and why? Because in order to achieve the high dollar sponsorship, they have to be able to represent the sponsor and that means, they have to be able to look good, talk good and appear to be angels off the track. Most of the boys fit that bill, but there are a few that are on the edge, such as Tony Stewart and Kurt Busch to name a couple. Let's just cut to the mustard right now. If either of those drivers weren't worth a crap on the track, they'd be history by now, but between the two of them, there are countless wins and three championships, and neither of them are of the age that they would probably retire within a couple of years. To put it bluntly, the two of them are on the edge of what a sponsor would love, but because of their ability and achievements, both of them are a good fit for NASCAR, albeit, they are both sissies! :)

How Rush Limbaugh so often manages to get his foot in his mouth AND his head up his ass at the same time will most likely forever remain to me, a mystery.

I wonder was he referring to Nascar exclusively or the boys on another part of the planet as well? 'Cause I don't think they're "sissies"

Would you mind explaining though why it isn't a 50 /50 deal and Tony is guilty because he didn't lift and Kurt is just innocent??

I didn't say that... I said this...That the on track incident was 50-50 IMO.

They were both equally moronic in their on track foolery & post race babble. Busch was 100% wrong to go overboard on pit road & should be punished for that. However, noone can make me believe that the on track incident wasn't a 50-50 deal. Two champions acting like this week after week is pretty pathetic IMO.

looks like the call will be made when the hauler arrives at the track for the team to go back home.

I didn't say that... I said this...That the on track incident was 50-50 IMO.

I stand corrected and I honestly apologize. I misread and mistook wasn't and for some reason it stuck in my head as WAS. In fact I read it several times just now before I got it right.

So actually in fact I 100% agree with you.

sum B I'm getting a little older and starting to act like a darn blonde. sorry bout that.

Sissies, sissies, sissies. I heard something on the old Rush Limbaugh Show today that just about sums it up for me and what I've been saying. It seems that today, we are raising nothing but sissies, or as he calls it, the new castratti. As a friend of mine from work, who's late brother was a major force in RJR Sports Marketing said, "Nothing but a bunch of p@ssies out on the track these days. I don't think there's a one of them that can drive a CAT like Dale Earnhardt could!"

Let me make myself perfectly clear here (hold on, the dog wants in...). These kids out on the track are drivers...good and some are great drivers. Actually, their skill puts them in a totally different area as it were for race drivers. But that's really sort of the problem in my mind. Yeah, they can wheel a race car with the best of them, but the country is full of good to great drivers. Today, these guys have to be more, much more than good drivers. I'm not going to say that they have to be pretty boys, but lets face it, these days, any ugly dudes out there? Any way overweight boys out there? No, and why? Because in order to achieve the high dollar sponsorship, they have to be able to represent the sponsor and that means, they have to be able to look good, talk good and appear to be angels off the track. Most of the boys fit that bill, but there are a few that are on the edge, such as Tony Stewart and Kurt Busch to name a couple. Let's just cut to the mustard right now. If either of those drivers weren't worth a crap on the track, they'd be history by now, but between the two of them, there are countless wins and three championships, and neither of them are of the age that they would probably retire within a couple of years. To put it bluntly, the two of them are on the edge of what a sponsor would love, but because of their ability and achievements, both of them are a good fit for NASCAR, albeit, they are both sissies! :)

Hehehee....finally some one with sense ....i still have a problem with the way Nascar hands out its' penalties and that in itself adds more to the sissy quotient for these drivers. Maybe we should have power rankings according to the sissy meter instead of how good these guys can actually wheel a car!;)

Interesting i just read on Jayski that Kurts car failed post race inspection, which could mean a big penalty based on Jrs failed COT:cool: :rolleyes:

I stand corrected and I honestly apologize. I misread and mistook wasn't and for some reason it stuck in my head as WAS. In fact I read it several times just now before I got it right.

So actually in fact I 100% agree with you.

sum B I'm getting a little older and starting to act like a darn blonde. sorry bout that.

Don't sweat it, Eagle. I misread things on here regularly. You definitely don't owe me any apologies. Cypress

Back
Top Bottom