IMSA 2024

Wow! No idea what Spinelli was doing there. Looked like he was trying to fend off the other Penske Porsche for whatever reason and wasn’t paying attention to the one in front of him. Huge traffic jam.

All of BMW’s top talents wound up on the WEC side…I think they need another driver shuffle next season.

I watched Long Beach again.

My goodness. The sportscar race was exceptionally good. There was so much action it's all kind of a blurr and nothing stands out other than I want to see it again!

I'de like to congratulate the entire Chip Ganassi Cadillac team on finally running out of bad luck. If you look back at things like dominating Sebring and then catching on fire or Dominating Daytona and getting taken out by debris they could have won a lot more races and maybe not lost their Cadillac deal. I hope Ganassi comes back with someone like Aston Martin.

Speaking of silly season, 2025 moves are getting ready to unfold in the GTP ranks. With the massive Andretti/Cadillac F1 tie-up already established, it’s expected that the WTR/Andretti partnership will move its two-car Acura program to Cadillac.

Ganassi was seemingly the most logical option to replace WTR/AA at Acura; however, it sounds like Meyer Shank will be back as the factory team one year removed from scandal. Crazy development. And at least for now, apparently leaves CGR without a dancing partner.

1000000743.jpg

TV does not do this place justice.

View attachment 78281

TV does not do this place justice.
Hell yeah. Was gonna ask if you were out there this weekend. That place must be something else.

Will probably have to record this one tomorrow but I’m looking forward to seeing how they get after it on the new surface. Sounds like there’s a lot more grip offline than when the Indy cars were crashing left and right last year.

Hell yeah. Was gonna ask if you were out there this weekend. That place must be something else.

Will probably have to record this one tomorrow but I’m looking forward to seeing how they get after it on the new surface. Sounds like there’s a lot more grip offline than when the Indy cars were crashing left and right last year.
The elevation changes here are a bit more dramatic than I ever expected.

Yep, I'll be here for all IMSA calendar events plus the standalone at Mid-Ohio for VP Challenge.

The IMSA race has a lot to live up to after Spa yesterday, but I am sure they are up to it.

The BMWs qualified 3rd and 5th. The just need to put it together, have a clean race, and get a good result. I'm not really a BMW fan, but I'm going to be pulling for them.

New here... I'll be watching on Peacock with Hindy on Radio. GTP and GTD are great right now. Any race without today's P2 is at the top of my list.
Make sure you check out WEC while you are at it. If you missed Spa yesterday, I'll post the highlight package as soon as it's up on YouTube.

Make sure you check out WEC while you are at it. If you missed Spa yesterday, I'll post the highlight package as soon as it's up on YouTube.
I just figured out the WEC races are on MAX. Don't know about live but the replay for Spa is not up yet. Honestly, my primary interests are the IMSA teams and races.

Honestly, my primary interests are the IMSA teams and races.
Honestly, WEC is slightly better right now, but IMSA is still pretty righteous. Both series run to the same rules, so you will you'll see a lot of the same cars and drivers in both series. Sportscar fans have waited 50 years for what we have today, so enjoy it all.

Turner are making their 557th start with BMW today (dating all the way back to 1998), surpassing the legendary German squad Schnitzer Motorsport for the most all-time with the brand. What a run!

New here... I'll be watching on Peacock with Hindy on Radio. GTP and GTD are great right now. Any race without today's P2 is at the top of my list.
Welcome!

The GTP field spread was a record 0.869 from 1st to 10th, so we should be in for a competitive one today.

Back
Top Bottom