IMSA 2024

Hell of a weekend for Porsache fans.
Indeed. It took a year or so for the growing pains to subside, but the 963 is a pretty well-sorted car right now after this past weekend’s WEC/IMSA sweep. That’s now four wins out of seven total races between the two series for Porsche.

Slow burn of a race at Laguna yesterday that culminated with some late lead battle dramas in GTP and GTD. It’s a really tough place to pass at, so traffic tends to make the difference, and it sure helped yesterday. I think Nick Tandy was going to find a way around Jack Aitken eventually either way though. The big surprise to me was the 01 Cadillac fading from 2nd to 5th on the final stint using the same fuel-only strategy the winning Porsche used.

Historic weekend with Penske taking their 100th sports car win and Porsche taking their 600th and 601st IMSA wins thanks to Rexy’s first win in GTD Pro.

Was a good hard fought race. Long green flag runs and the resulting tire wear led to some late race charges. At first I didn't think Robbie Foley even saw the Acura when he gave up the win. Then I saw his comments - he was aware. Jack Aitken just got reeled in and chose wrong.

Back
Top Bottom