Denny Hamlin Appreciation Thread

The worst thing you can do with a troll like Dennis is engage him. You just end up looking worse.
Same thing can be said around this place. Like I say if you start messing around with a skunk you're liable to come out smelling like one.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I’m not trying to apologize for the guy, since he and Marcus both came off pretty poorly in the whole exchange, but I think his frustrations both as a driver and an owner came to a head here. It’s not the first time an (expensive) SMI repave or reconfiguration has gone poorly and it’s happening at a time when the RTA is trying to claw more revenue distribution from the track owners and series itself. And a number of drivers beyond Denny haven’t been fond of some of the schedule or track changes SMI have made over the past several years.

That said, for each bad idea or botched track job they’ve done I think Marcus has helped execute a positive addition to the schedule, so it mostly balances out.

If I was Steve Phelps or Brett Kennedy, I'm making contingency plans right now to move the race.

Trans-Am races there in a couple weeks, so we'll have a better idea about the condition of the track and if it can hold up. But if they have issues in the Trans-Am race, NASCAR has to cancel the Sonoma race.
I'd agree, but are you thinking moving location or date?.....maybe fill the two week break for the Olympics?

Asphalt “mix” technology has come a long way.

The stuff on your driveway barely resembles airport runway / racetrack surfaces. Polymers replace bitumen for high load / shear applications. Cure time for the good stuff is approx 50 hours.

40 years in the civil construction/ road building business. I’m qualified to speak to this subject matter.
In my line of work, context is everything. So, in this situation, one would take into consideration the consistent nature of your posts....which are exceptional....and the detail with which you are critical of the repave....which was detailed. Those two contextual elements combined make for credible and informative posts. Not every poster is receptive to these types of posts for reasons of bias. I appreciate you and your contributions to this board.

I'd agree, but are you thinking moving location or date?.....maybe fill the two week break for the Olympics?

It won't come down to that, but I'd say move location.

Though I'm sure a lot of fans would love for the race to occur during the Olympic Break.

It won't come down to that, but I'd say move location.

Though I'm sure a lot of fans would love for the race to occur during the Olympic Break.
Where do you go? .......PORTLAND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY!!!!!!!! That is where the hell you go!!!!!!!!!!!! Please sweet baby Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just saying, I do think the issue can be repaired and repaired quickly. If tracks in podunk counties with limited resources can repair a surface in 45 minutes, I'm sure a racetrack near San Francisco with unlimited resources can repair the track in time for their event this weekend or, at the least, before the Trans-Am race.

As @aunty dive said, this stuff has come a long way.

But NASCAR should be prepared to put a contingency plan in place, just in case.
....but who knows what will happen when we put 40 stock cars on it all weekend? NASCAR had better be sensitive to those of us who travel significant distances at substantial expense. I don't want to see yellows every 10 laps......

....but who knows what will happen when we put 40 stock cars on it all weekend? NASCAR had better be sensitive to those of us who travel significant distances at substantial expense. I don't want to see yellows every 10 laps......

Trans-Am will be there in a couple weeks so they'll have an idea.

To the mod that deleted my post about REV, it was clearly a joke to see how far he would go to protect Denny. Lighten up

I meant North Carolina taxpayers. It may be federal grant money, but North Carolina elected to give millions and millions of dollars to Marcus Smith instead of appropriating more money for infrastructure improvements, rural expansion of high speed internet, or investing in the eastern half of the state where unemployment and poverty dramatically outpace the state and national averages.

That’s because Charlotte and Raleigh are full of remote workers from big northern cities

To the mod that deleted my post about REV, it was clearly a joke to see how far he would go to protect Denny. Lighten up
It was in poor taste and violated forum rules.

It got the treatment it deserved.

Revman the poor sucker with a closet full of Kyle rice burner swag crying. lol.
No **** on the swag. Gave away about 30 shirts, 10-15 hats....5-10 sweatshirts. I still have stuff....If you want it, message me....and that KB Fan Club Membership is a standing offer. I am serious....but you haven't accepted yet.

No **** on the swag. Gave away about 30 shirts, 10-15 hats....5-10 sweatshirts. I still have stuff....If you want it, message me....and that KB Fan Club Membership is a standing offer. I am serious....but you haven't accepted yet.
You got your favorite back, Almirola, why the long face?

The whole exchange between Hamlin & Smith seemed odd. Denny has a right to be concerned about the replave but he should have contacted Smith privately. Smith should not have taken the bait from Hamlin and behaved like a 2 year old. This only my opinion.

The whole exchange between Hamlin & Smith seemed odd. Denny has a right to be concerned about the replave but he should have contacted Smith privately. Smith should not have taken the bait from Hamlin and behaved like a 2 year old. This only my opinion.
When you are running down the man's track and there isn't a problem in the first place, I would be mad I know that.

Back
Top Bottom