Bubba Wallace Appreciation Thread

This is something that I have never really thought about before and definitely hope it never happens, but if a driver is proven to have deliberately crashed another driver due to rage and that driver was killed could they be arrested for a criminal act like manslaughter or worse?
Good question. One I hope we never find out the answer to.

This is something that I have never really thought about before and definitely hope it never happens, but if a driver is proven to have deliberately crashed another driver due to rage and that driver was killed could they be arrested for a criminal act like manslaughter or worse?
I think it would be difficult. I think you sign a virtual wild west waiver every time you race and wrecking someone isn't thought of as a crime. If it was I think there would be weekly investigations by the local D.A.
And I don't think they can escalate it to manslaughter or murder cases when one turns tragic after ignoring what could have been attempted murder charges for many otherwise similar events.

I think it would be difficult. I think you sign a virtual wild west waiver every time you race and wrecking someone isn't thought of as a crime. If it was I think there would be weekly investigations by the local D.A.
And I don't think they can escalate it to manslaughter or murder cases when one turns tragic after ignoring what could have been attempted murder charges for many otherwise similar events.
The last time I can think of where someone was killed on a racetrack and there was a trial was when Tony Stewart accidently hit that kid that ran towards his car at a dirt race.

Can’t wait to see Bubba pick up a few wins next season. Team has found something on them 1.5 tracks. Toss in Daytona,Talladega, and Atlanta for the drafting and plate racing he is great at, and we might see him get a few.
He has definitely been running pretty well this year.

The last time I can think of where someone was killed and there was a trial was when Tony Stewart accidently hit that kid that ran towards his car at a dirt race.
I agree that would be the one that got the most attention. Fortunately they are very rare events.
When a driver is killed I sympathize and it a very sad thing to happen. But I also sympathize with any of the other surviving drivers too and I am sure you and most everyone feels the same. Even when innocent it is probably a moment that will torture their souls for the rest of their life.

He has definitely been running pretty well this year.
I got really really high hopes. Like he has a few races this season he probably could’ve won, but pit mistakes messed him up. Hell he could’ve won the first Kansas race. Hopefully some more wins, and he can mature himself. Would be nice to see, at least for me being a fan

The last time I can think of where someone was killed on a racetrack and there was a trial was when Tony Stewart accidently hit that kid that ran towards his car at a dirt race.
That was a civil case for damages, IIRC Stewart was not charged criminally. A truly ugly situation that didn't have to happen...much like elements of what we've been discussing here.

It is sad to say, but there is nothing to appreciate about Bubba Wallace right now. Hopefully he gets the counseling he needs, and he can turn his life around like Larson did. I want to like that guy but every time I start to, he screws it up.
This is a horrible comparision.

Just stick to on-track issues, which this is.

This is a horrible comparision.

Just stick to on-track issues, which this is.
Don't tell me what to discuss. A driver's mental stability at these speeds is very serious and should be discussed. You can't lose your temper and make such a dangerous decision as he did and let it go as just an innocent mistake.

Don't tell me what to discuss. A driver's mental stability at these speeds is very serious and should be discussed. You can't lose your temper and make such a dangerous decision as he did and not discuss it.
I think he was saying don’t compare when Larson said N word to what Bubba did this weekend… not to not talk about it..

Don't tell me what to discuss. A driver's mental stability at these speeds is very serious and should be discussed. You can't lose your temper and make such a dangerous decision as he did and let it go as just an innocent mistake.
I'm not telling you what to discuss, its the comparision thats apples to oranges.

Pretty much the same situation, same speed, love Joey to death, but here he is red handed. On the other hand if drivers are going to have to let the crappy slide jobs run them into the wall without being able to retaliate how fair is that?

I agree 100%.

The retaliation is always what's punished. It happens in all sports. Guy delivers a questionable hit in hockey, the other player slashes him back and gets called for it. Guy makes a questionable hit in football, player gets up and shoves him, gets a penalty. Guy slides hard into someone at 2nd base, then gets plunked his next at-bat, the pitcher gets tossed. It's been the way of sports forever. Just be less ****** obvious about it!!! SO.... If you don't like the way someone races you into the wall, just race them back into the wall later. Maybe even harder. But at least it's an eye for an eye, (vs a wrecked race car for a few scuffs on the right side panels). But very few of them have the discipline to handle it in a way that won't come with consequences. It's 100% on them. And it's not rocket science.

The retaliation is always what's punished. It happens in all sports. Guy delivers a questionable hit in hockey, the other player slashes him back and gets called for it. Guy makes a questionable hit in football, player gets up and shoves him, gets a penalty. Guy slides hard into someone at 2nd base, then gets plunked his next at-bat, the pitcher gets tossed. It's been the way of sports forever. Just be less ****** obvious about it!!! SO.... If you don't like the way someone races you into the wall, just race them back into the wall later. Maybe even harder. But at least it's an eye for an eye, (vs a wrecked race car for a few scuffs on the right side panels). But very few of them have the discipline to handle it in a way that won't come with consequences. It's 100% on them. And it's not rocket science.
Kinda loses it's flavor a couple weeks later ya think? Then ya get a reputation you have to deal with for not retaliating. Like the man with his list Hamlin.

Always wonder where is the line between independent owners with factory "support" and full on factory teams with franchisees

https://apnews.com/article/entertai...8b92/gallery/bfdb1b5d4067413db8bc2a4d178dfe94

Bubba Wallace and Christopher Bell shared a flight home from Las Vegas, and Wallace apologized during the trip to his fellow Toyota teammate for the incident that crippled Bell’s championship chances.
Bell said Wallace also apologized to the entire Toyota group in the Monday competition meeting. Wallace has been suspended one race by NASCAR for a dangerous act of retaliation that inadvertently collected Bell.

Always wonder where is the line between independent owners with factory "support" and full on factory teams with franchisees

https://apnews.com/article/entertai...8b92/gallery/bfdb1b5d4067413db8bc2a4d178dfe94

Bubba Wallace and Christopher Bell shared a flight home from Las Vegas, and Wallace apologized during the trip to his fellow Toyota teammate for the incident that crippled Bell’s championship chances.
Bell said Wallace also apologized to the entire Toyota group in the Monday competition meeting. Wallace has been suspended one race by NASCAR for a dangerous act of retaliation that inadvertently collected Bell.
And the factory speaks for them all

That’s their 6 car business model.

Pretty successful, I would say.

I would say HIS opinion carries more weight than every one of us on this forum combined, honestly.
I understand, but its time to stop fanning the flames on this.

It's done, Bubba is suspended and we can all move on. @aunty dive its not even veiled anymore, I'd rather someone try to say it to my face at this point.

It's done, Bubba is suspended and we can all move on. @aunty dive its not even veiled anymore, I'd rather someone try to say it to my face at this point.
Why should Bubba be treated any differently than anyone else who F'ed up this bad? When you do so many stupid things all compressed in about two minutes, you're going to be THE topic of conversation for awhile. This sport competes one day a week, and everybody talks about it for the other six . Bubba's just going to have to take his turn in the barrel until somebody else does something as attention getting as this was.

Why should Bubba be treated any differently than anyone else who F'ed up this bad? When you do so many stupid things all compressed in about two minutes, you're going to be THE topic of conversation for awhile. This sport competes one day a week, and everybody talks about it for the other six . Bubba's just going to have to take his turn in the barrel until sompebody else does something as attention getting as this was.
Yeah, I'm pretty quick to move on from any situation after discipline has been set.

Same for anyone else.

I said in the race thread that people would use this to let their hatred of Bubba spew. I got called an SJW.

And while this is going on, Hamlin is in a veiled racism back and forth on Twitter ... with Danny Dietrich, a 410 Sprint car runner from Pennsylvania.
Aunty, thanks for mentioning this. I was compelled to go to Twitter to look for myself. Bleh...:bleh:

In general, the PA Posse has a special place in my heart. Been to many Central PA sprint car races, and it's ground zero for the best local, weekly racing on the planet. And this is a special time there, with the Williams Grove National Open running Saturday (rescheduled by rain).

But this was beyond the pale. DD/48 spouting off again on Bubba, mix that with his other, political posts and and it reveals the man clearly. Add in the blatant racist reactions from his minions... I no longer GAF about the dude... regardless of his ontrack accomplishments. Plenty of other hot shoes racing 410's two or three or more times per week in Central PA.

As for here at R-F, I'm like @Kiante, ready to move on. Bubba has been punished severely. I do *not* defend what Bubba did last Sunday, but I'm tired of the gleeful tone a few guys show as they pile on in thread after thread. And we've even had several dredging up "noose-gate" yet again and blaming Bubba for that... SMH.

Yeah, I'm pretty quick to move on from any situation after discipline has been set.

Same for anyone else.
The fans and media of this sport are still talking about stuff that happened forty years ago. I'm quite sure some people are using this as an excuse to bash Bubba for all the WRONG reasons, but if any of the other 37 or whatever drivers in the race had done the same thing, MOST of the criticism would STILL be there. It's just a fact of life that Bubba is a person where every move he makes, good or bad is magnified, and if he cannot or is unwilling to deal with that, then he should probably find another line of work. I personally would prefer he stick around and make the haters eat their words.

Yep, I think JHN will do a fine job.

Keep it clean and finish all the laps, this is a big opportunity for himself.
I know of one person that I guarantee will be hoping JHN runs like crap, take a guess who that is.

And the factory speaks for them all

You don't like the business model. I think you have made that point 62 million times. How dangerous is it when WE are sitting third out of three in manufacturer points, and at the moment, would be fortunate to have one guy race for the championship? If WE flood the field with cars, and WE have this level of involvement/control, then you probably have something to worry about....but that would take us down the path of Toyota buying the series, and leaving it dry.....and nobody would ever suggest that, huh?

Back
Top Bottom