Aroldis Chapman is having a plate put in his head

Benevolent One

Team Owner
GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman is undergoing surgery to repair a broken bone above his left eye but has no other serious injuries after being hit in the face by a line drive during a spring training game Wednesday night.

Team doctor Timothy Kremchek called Chapman "a very lucky guy.'' Kremchek said a metal plate will be inserted in the bone and will remain there permanently. He says Chapman has a very mild concussion but no other brain injuries and no injuries to his eye.

Reds manager Bryan Price says Chapman was "feeling better, awake and able to communicate."

This is the guy who threw a pitch that was clocked at 106 mph a year or so ago. It seems like it's just a matter of time before someone dies from getting hit in the head from a pitch or a line drive.

As a Reds fan, my heart sunk when I heard this last night! He's a huge part of our rotation. They said he will be fine physically, but I hope he's able to get back to 100% mentally and doesn't let this affect his game.

As a Reds fan, my heart sunk when I heard this last night! He's a huge part of our rotation. They said he will be fine physically, but I hope he's able to get back to 100% mentally and doesn't let this affect his game.
I have a hard time seeing how you could completely block something like this out of your mind. I hope he can though.

Daaaaammmmmn. Ouch.

uploadfromtaptalk1395433106240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom