All you Earnhardt fans

T

TN-Ward-Fan

Saw on the local news tonight that an artist from Burnsville, NC has completed a life-size statue of Dale Earnhardt. It's pretty dang good too. He's gonna put it on ebay tonight. If I heard right, bidding starts at $20,000. That's four zeros...

Saw that deal. It's on E-Bay and so far there is one bid at $15,000.

They have a couple of pics of the statue also. IF ya wanna a look it is Item # 2711852807

I never think statues like that look much like the real person and this is no different. Just a few differences, but overall a pretty good likeness I guess. I'm sure a die-hard Dale Sr fan will be orgasmically happy to give this thing a home. That is an interesting story about how it came to be made too.

anybody else think that thing looks a lot like Dale Jarrett?

Originally posted by 66mustang@Feb 19 2003, 10:02 PM
The statue looks retarded in my opinion.
I think it looks pretty darn good, when you consider that it was entirely hand-carved. It's actually closer to real life than I thought it would be.

I suppose it is a good likeness overall.

IMHO, the shoulders are way too narrow. Dale was a broad shouldered guy. He also appears to be missing his right hand and much of his neck.

An art critic I ain't.

Well, I never tried to create a likeness of Dale earnhardt from a single piece of wood using a chain saw, so I ain't gonna critique the statue for artfullness. The shoulders I did notice, but it beats anything I could have done with a Homelite. :)

Back
Top Bottom