2025 schedule news/rumors

^If NASCAR is going to run a race on Easter, Richmond isn't the worst place to do it. I'd rather see them make it Cup's first off-week and push the finale back to mid-November.

Going to ball game is not as taxing as going to a race. A fan can show up at a game less than an hour before start time. That cannot be done at a NASCAR race. That's the problem with the attendance. TV ratings will not suffer since people can stay at home without interrupting their Easter day with family or friends.
Then my simple suggestion is dont go on Easter and find another race to go. There are like 37 other options to go to.

Going to ball game is not as taxing as going to a race. A fan can show up at a game less than an hour before start time. That cannot be done at a NASCAR race. That's the problem with the attendance. TV ratings will not suffer since people can stay at home without interrupting their Easter day with family or friends.
You absolutely can show up an hour before a race.

The conundrum with the Easter race is that it pretty much has to be a night race in the Bible Belt so the crews and drivers can enjoy the holiday with their families before a quick commute to the track, and that does make for a tougher attendance draw. But holidays are especially valuable in the age of out-of-home TV ratings so I’m not sure it’s something I see FOX wanting to give up at any point in the immediate future.

artworks-SvzDuFfyt3AJ9fO1-iQrV9Q-t500x500.jpg

Well here’s some schedule news…one of the Richmond dates rumored to go to Mexico City
Richmond off, Mexico City on sounds like a done deal. Jordan Bianchi reinforced that in his article today.

In addition, he mentioned:

- Coliseum is out, and Bowman Gray is very possibly in as the Clash host. Still a slight chance of Daytona as a one-year stopgap if they can’t make that or any other option work immediately.
- Looking increasingly likely there won’t be a race in SoCal next year. Dodger Stadium is not an option for next year anymore.
- Montreal unlikely for 2025, talks happening still but don’t bet on it. Maybe 2026.
- 2025 championship weekend is probably staying in Phoenix. City of Homestead is beginning to prepare a bid for the 2026 championship after a meeting last month.
- COTA probably back, NWS likely back as the All-Star for the third year, Daytona returns to the regular season finale after the Olympic scheduling quirk
- Easter weekend OFF

I think with Richmond falling off for Mexico City, and the general strength of the car being on intermediates, the second Charlotte race should revert back to the oval again. No mention whether there’s any momentum behind such a move just yet though.

The roval should not change back. People always want to tell me. "You can't do the same thing all the time, people need to want something" people say this to make their shorten the season bs or things Ike that. There is no guarantee this car stays good at mile and a half tracks forever. The last thing we need is to over correct a d add them back after it took so long to get them to a reasonable point on the schedule. Keep the diversity of tracks. Everyone wants to say NASCAR sucks cause they chase trends, then want NASCAR to do exactly that. Just proves my point that this fanbase should.not be relied on to know what it wants.

The roval should not change back. People always want to tell me. "You can't do the same thing all the time, people need to want something" people say this to make their shorten the season bs or things Ike that. There is no guarantee this car stays good at mile and a half tracks forever. The last thing we need is to over correct a d add them back after it took so long to get them to a reasonable point on the schedule. Keep the diversity of tracks. Everyone wants to say NASCAR sucks cause they chase trends, then want NASCAR to do exactly that. Just proves my point that this fanbase should.not be relied on to know what it wants.
Fans wanted more short tracks and road courses, they got them, turned on them and now want more 1.5 mile tracks. I’ve seen the same media members, social media folks I follow and others of the same ilk ,now beating the drums for a Chicagoland, Charlotte second oval or Kentucky to come back now while I know I’m not misremembering that it was a full on whine fest when those place’s turn came on the the schedule. It’s why I was of the belief I wouldn’t have minded having the schedule that worked for 30 plus years stay as is while making minor tweaks here and there, instead of chasing the instant gratification of changing it up just to change it up. I just want fans to maybe figure out, it’s not so much the tracks that are being run but the car/package that puts on the show. This car puts on the show at 1.5’s I think that’s proven. SuperSpeedways ehhh with the exception of Atlanta. But it’s a total hit or miss on RC’s and Short Tracks, I just feel with the schedule always changing now, what are you chasing here?

Richmond off, Mexico City on sounds like a done deal. Jordan Bianchi reinforced that in his article today.

- Coliseum is out, and Bowman Gray is very possibly in as the Clash host. Still a slight chance of Daytona as a one-year stopgap if they can’t make that or any other option work immediately.
- Looking increasingly likely there won’t be a race in SoCal next year. Dodger Stadium is not an option for next year anymore.
- Montreal unlikely for 2025, talks happening still but don’t bet on it. Maybe 2026.
- 2025 championship weekend is probably staying in Phoenix. City of Homestead is beginning to prepare a bid for the 2026 championship after a meeting last month.
- COTA probably back, NWS likely back as the All-Star for the third year, Daytona returns to the regular season finale after the Olympic scheduling quirk
- Easter weekend OFF

I think with Richmond falling off for Mexico City, and the general strength of the car being on intermediates, the second Charlotte race should revert back to the oval again. No mention whether there’s any momentum behind such a move just yet though.

I just have zero desire to see Cup run Mexico and at another road course to boot. I’m sad Richmond is losing a race but it was inevitable with how everyone turned on it and frankly it’s impressive how long they held on with two Cup races. I would be stoked to see fall Charlotte back as an oval. No desire to see Bowman Grey either snd I eagerly pray that Homestead returns as the final. I just read that article when I saw your post, looks like NASCAR wants the schedule out pretty soon which leads me to believe there might not be many changes

Fans wanted more short tracks and road courses, they got them, turned on them and now want more 1.5 mile tracks. I’ve seen the same media members, social media folks I follow and others of the same ilk ,now beating the drums for a Chicagoland, Charlotte second oval or Kentucky to come back now while I know I’m not misremembering that it was a full on whine fest when those place’s turn came on the the schedule. It’s why I was of the belief I wouldn’t have minded having the schedule that worked for 30 plus years stay as is while making minor tweaks here and there, instead of chasing the instant gratification of changing it up just to change it up. I just want fans to maybe figure out, it’s not so much the tracks that are being run but the car/package that puts on the show. This car puts on the show at 1.5’s I think that’s proven. SuperSpeedways ehhh with the exception of Atlanta. But it’s a total hit or miss on RC’s and Short Tracks, I just feel with the schedule always changing now, what are you chasing here?
Is it 1.5 or is it specific tracks due to perceived drama and competitiveness?. Vegas for instance is usually boring beyond words. (Great location but that track needs a revamp).

I suspect what people are chasing the prior seasons competitive racing so they gravitate away from whatever tracks are just leaving everyone in a line and only changing up if there is a pit error. The exceptions being a dumb dirt track and the clash where they can only spin in place.

Is it 1.5 or is it specific tracks due to perceived drama and competitiveness?. Vegas for instance is usually boring beyond words. (Great location but that track needs a revamp).

I suspect what people are chasing the prior seasons competitive racing so they gravitate away from whatever tracks are just leaving everyone in a line and only changing up if there is a pit error. The exceptions being a dumb dirt track and the clash where they can only spin in place.
I mean that’s the question right? What are we as a fandom chasing? I’m not sure this fan base ever knows nor will they be happy when they get it. I’m still floored when I see posts about missing Kentucky. The entire fan base and to a certain extent, those that cover the sport for a living took a gigantic dump on it when the track was a yearly stop on the circuit. Now they have extreme yearnings for its return.

The Roval was a great change of pace at the time, when going from two to three road courses was considered bold. The equation has changed quite a bit since then. The strengths and weaknesses of the car have flipped entirely from one generation to the next, and if the rumored additions come to fruition we’ll be looking at eight road course events in 2026.

They’ve said they’re not going to keep throwing money at aero development, raising horsepower is a non-starter, so we’re pretty much locked into what we have unless they work some magic with the tires. I think they have to build the schedule to the car’s strengths at this point.

I mean that’s the question right? What are we as a fandom chasing? I’m not sure this fan base ever knows nor will they be happy when they get it. I’m still floored when I see posts about missing Kentucky. The entire fan base and to a certain extent, those that cover the sport for a living took a gigantic dump on it when the track was a yearly stop on the circuit. Now they have extreme yearnings for its return.
This. It must be difficult for those fans who bitch all of the time to prepare their rants for the week. I have said this before, and I will say it again....never seen a bad race. They are all just what they are. The car is fascinating. The drivers are fantastic. All the races are great....a few are mind blowing. I think that is the way they should be.

This. It must be difficult for those fans who bitch all of the time to prepare their rants for the week. I have said this before, and I will say it again....never seen a bad race. They are all just what they are. The car is fascinating. The drivers are fantastic. All the races are great....a few are mind blowing. I think that is the way they should be.
Yea I mean even though I prefer more short tracks, I'll still watch a road race and be entertained, just a different form of racing with this car and in fact the next gen car really highlights the different forms of racing each week. You can win one week with fuel mileage, the next being the best car, the next in a photo finish I guess what I am trying to say is that its always been like that, but this car really highlights it. I would like if they had a few more horses under the hood and less down force but thats more a personal preference of mine, I am mostly entertained each week even at tracks I dont like. I think thats in itself a huge compliment to the product we get each race day. I hope its figured out on short tracks as to where more people will be entertained and like them, if you can get to beating and banging with these cars as they seem more durable than the old ones, I think you'll have a wide fandom approval.

- Easter weekend OFF

A lot of disappointment here.

The Clash at Bowman Gray? Winston-Salem in February? Count me out.

North Wilkesboro should be a points paying race again. Not just an exhibition.

Mexico City? Will Kyle Busch be granted a waiver so he can miss that one?

It's time to make peace with the fact that the finale ain't leaving Phoenix. Enjoy another anticlimactic championship race.

NASCAR fans are fickle and hate whatever NASCAR is currently doing.

Deathbedders do what deathbedders do. Working hard to find something to complain about is exhausting to say the least. The racing has been really good this year. Nobody is running away with it so far, many different winners, close finishes, you name it. The Fords need to stomp on it. It works better when all three OEM's are getting some wins.

NASCAR fans are fickle and hate whatever NASCAR is currently doing.
A lot of people liked how things were most of the 90's and early 2000's. Then NASCAR decided it needed a new car (a turd) in a reaction to Dale Sr. having old seatbelts that killed him and not the car, Brian France thought we needed "playoffs" when Kenseth won the championship by winning 1 race with a race to spare, and then decided they needed the money of the celebrities and politicians and decided to race where they were instead of where the sport exploded. Ever since then, it's like a dog chasing its tail.

A lot of people liked how things were most of the 90's and early 2000's. Then NASCAR decided it needed a new car (a turd) in a reaction to Dale Sr. having old seatbelts that killed him and not the car, Brian France thought we needed "playoffs" when Kenseth won the championship by winning 1 race with a race to spare, and then decided they needed the money of the celebrities and politicians and decided to race where they were instead of where the sport exploded. Ever since then, it's like a dog chasing its tail.

You had to go back over 20 years to find a time when the fanbase didn’t complain about any and everything.

A lot of disappointment here.

The Clash at Bowman Gray? Winston-Salem in February? Count me out.

North Wilkesboro should be a points paying race again. Not just an exhibition.
The weather would be a big question mark, but if you’re gonna do Bowman Gray at all you may as well do it with an harmless exhibition event.

I want to see what repaved North Wilkesboro is like and how the tire experiment works before making too early of a judgment there, but I imagine that’s something they’re working towards?

Deathbedders do what deathbedders do. Working hard to find something to complain about is exhausting to say the least. The racing has been really good this year. Nobody is running away with it so far, many different winners, close finishes, you name it. The Fords need to stomp on it. It works better when all three OEM's are getting some wins.
I agree on Ford. Fascinating isn't it? If the cars are all the same, why are they sucking? They will figure it out....just wonder why they are off. They have the resources obviously. Sometimes I wonder if they are spread to thin. Everything comes out of their USA Headquarters doesn't it? I mean all of the global activities, etc. I know that the rally team tech is based here. Rushbrook is a good dude.

Breaking all over the Twitter this morning. I don’t know if I buy this but this will probably be trending soon. Get ready to reacquaint with the directions to Chicagoland Speedway buddy.

The weather would be a big question mark, but if you’re gonna do Bowman Gray at all you may as well do it with an harmless exhibition event.

I want to see what repaved North Wilkesboro is like and how the tire experiment works before making too early of a judgment there, but I imagine that’s something they’re working towards?
I’ve wanted to see the All Star Race go to Bowman Gray for years, but I don’t see Speedway Motorsports giving that up.

I don’t see the Clash leaving Daytona once it goes back. As much as I hate the Clash at Daytona, it’s inevitable that it goes back there.

Personally, I think the Daytona 500 should be moved to mid-to-late March. Start the season out west.

I agree on Ford. Fascinating isn't it? If the cars are all the same, why are they sucking? They will figure it out....just wonder why they are off. They have the resources obviously. Sometimes I wonder if they are spread to thin. Everything comes out of their USA Headquarters doesn't it? I mean all of the global activities, etc. I know that the rally team tech is based here. Rushbrook is a good dude.
How quick the worm can turn. We had one Ford driver shaking the stuffing out of Reddick because he took his win away by wrecking him out and another Ford team mate / owner picking up the win with 5 Fords in the top ten at Darlington of all places. Ain't nobody who could have predicted that.

How quick the worm can turn. We had one Ford driver shaking the stuffing out of Reddick because he took his win away by wrecking him out and another Ford team mate / owner picking up the win with 5 Fords in the top ten at Darlington of all places. Ain't nobody who could have predicted that.
....and some calling for Rushbrook's head.....Kez is a smart dude. The present and the future look good.

Breaking all over the Twitter this morning. I don’t know if I buy this but this will probably be trending soon. Get ready to reacquaint with the directions to Chicagoland Speedway buddy.

Since the X post has been deleted:

I think NASCAR ends up back at Chicagoland in 2025 or 2026 anyway, regardless of F1.

NASCAR should try to run a street race in Baltimore or Washington. Especially since Dover has lost a date, and Richmond is destined to lose one.

....and some calling for Rushbrook's head.....Kez is a smart dude. The present and the future look good.
It shows how strong the racing is to have all three OEM's able to win races. You can't reliably pick who is going to win the race, you have to watch to see who is going to win the race. The series doesn't rely on only one or two drivers/teams like it was in the past. More drivers to pull for equals more fans.

Since the X post has been deleted:

I think NASCAR ends up back at Chicagoland in 2025 or 2026 anyway, regardless of F1.

NASCAR should try to run a street race in Baltimore or Washington. Especially since Dover has lost a date, and Richmond is destined to lose one.
I just drove by there last Tuesday, place still looks like it could host a race tomorrow and I do think the street race will rotate cities after maybe as soon as this year's race with the city trying to push the vote past for the Bears new stadium on the lakefront.

I just drove by there last Tuesday, place still looks like it could host a race tomorrow and I do think the street race will rotate cities after maybe as soon as this year's race with the city trying to push the vote past for the Bears new stadium on the lakefront.

Baltimore was the same way. They still had the rumble strips and everything and you could tell which streets were part of the Grand Prix course.

Baltimore was the same way. They still had the rumble strips and everything and you could tell which streets were part of the Grand Prix course.
Oh sorry I meant I drove by Chicagoland Speedway last tuesday, not the street course in the city.

Richmond's other date could go to North Wilkesboro in a roundabout way. SMI hasn't sunk the amount of money into North Wilkesboro just to hold a few All-Star races.

Richmond's other date could go to North Wilkesboro in a roundabout way. SMI hasn't sunk the amount of money into North Wilkesboro just to hold a few All-Star races.

My gut feeling is a North Wilkesboro points race comes at Dover's expense.

Which, to me, would make it even more imperative to get a NASCAR race in Baltimore or Philadelphia.

Richmond is losing a date for Mexico City.

Back
Top Bottom