2024 ARCA Menards Series

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
FB_IMG_1699488219486.jpg

Looks very similar, Dover is new I think before that was just an East series race.

The other change I missed they dropped Pocono

The other change I missed they dropped Pocono
They are running all three of the higher series at Pocono this year. ARCA is off but fires up the next week at IRP along with the Trucks while Cup and Xfinity go to INDY.

They are running all three of the higher series at Pocono this year. ARCA is off but fires up the next week at IRP along with the Trucks while Cup and Xfinity go to INDY.
It had been a quadruple header before.

Not much of excitement for the East series once again. 5 of 8 are combos with National.

FB_IMG_1701895966680.jpg

Missed the boat with the West Series a bit with a couple tracks missing, oh well.

ARCA Menards Series 2024 (8 full time drivers as of now):
- Kris Wright - Venturini Motorsports - Toyota
- Amber Balcaen - Venturini Motorsports - Toyota
- Andres Perez - Rev Racing - Chevrolet
- Lavar Scott - Rev Racing - Chevrolet
- Christian Rose - AM Racing - Ford
- Caleb Costner - Costner Weaver Motorsports - Chevrolet
- Brad Smith - Brad Smith Motorsports - Chevrolet/Ford
- Alex Clubb - Clubb Racing Inc. - Ford

- William Sawalich (14/20 races) - Joe Gibbs Racing - Toyota

Would like to see if Muniz, Breidinger will be back. Possible that Muniz funding dried up.

Would like to see another full time Venturini driver.

Marco for 11 ARCA Menards Series races + 2 ARCA Menards Series West races + 7 Truck races.

10 drivers have confirmed they will attempt to run full-time this year, this must be the most full-time drivers in the last 10 years.
2012 was the last time they had 10 drivers. It's not the strongest list of talent, but at the end of the day that's secondary to the fact that they've managed to attract someone to run the series as presently constructed. Pretty wild to think that there are two each of national touring sprint car and dirt late model series, and all 4 have a larger number of full time commits than ARCA.

2012 was the last time they had 10 drivers. It's not the strongest list of talent, but at the end of the day that's secondary to the fact that they've managed to attract someone to run the series as presently constructed. Pretty wild to think that there are two each of national touring sprint car and dirt late model series, and all 4 have a larger number of full time commits than ARCA.
The dirt series are completely different in comparison to lower, lower, lower, lower series type Nascar racing series. It's a much fairer comparison to local "posse" type dirt events that run a fairly limited schedule in a limited area IMO.

The dirt series are completely different in comparison to lower, lower, lower, lower series type Nascar racing series. It's a much fairer comparison to local "posse" type dirt events that run a fairly limited schedule in a limited area IMO.
They are indeed completely different, but they are completely different in ways that should result in ARCA having substantially more entries. ARCA has national TV coverage. ARCA is owned by NASCAR and is operated to provide a springboard to the biggest racing series in the country and probably second largest in the world in terms of revenue. ARCA shows up and runs at major super speedways. But ARCA also pays the same or less to win in spite of all of these factors than High Limit Racing or possibly the Outlaws too.

It’s pretty bad that Matty D can’t even get a full time ARCA ride haha.

They are indeed completely different, but they are completely different in ways that should result in ARCA having substantially more entries. ARCA has national TV coverage. ARCA is owned by NASCAR and is operated to provide a springboard to the biggest racing series in the country and probably second largest in the world in terms of revenue. ARCA shows up and runs at major super speedways. But ARCA also pays the same or less to win in spite of all of these factors than High Limit Racing or possibly the Outlaws too.
Why should it result in more entries. There are a number of similar racing series on the East coast and in the rust belt areas, and three Major Nascar series. Again I don't think it is a similar comparison to the 4 largest dirt series that travel the country. ARCA is mostly a D league series of Nascar. Many Cup drivers have raced in the series on their way up, a very small few that race in the series stay there. You don't see much of that in the major dirt series.

Why should it result in more entries.

At the absolute minimum, being on national TV means there is far greater exposure for sponsors than any non-NASCAR short track series has. Sponsors pay bills, and you should accordingly see more cars on track when that is the case. Being owned by the largest entity in domestic American motorsports with a direct line of progression through ARCA to Cup should also be a strong factor in entries when the drivers are then around Cup team owners and racing at Cup tracks. As I pointed out in a prior thread that I can link to, this has not been the case for many, many, many years.

There are a number of similar racing series on the East coast and in the rust belt areas, and three Major Nascar series. Again I don't think it is a similar comparison to the 4 largest dirt series that travel the country. ARCA is mostly a D league series of Nascar. Many Cup drivers have raced in the series on their way up, a very small few that race in the series stay there. You don't see much of that in the major dirt series.
There are no similar racing series in the country that have national TV nor that run super speedways. ASA or CRA shouldn't be similar to this iteration of ARCA. That train left the station in the 80s. You are right that not many people stay in ARCA anymore, but that is a statement more about the health of ARCA today relative to where it was a generation ago.

At the absolute minimum, being on national TV means there is far greater exposure for sponsors than any non-NASCAR short track series has. Sponsors pay bills, and you should accordingly see more cars on track when that is the case. Being owned by the largest entity in domestic American motorsports with a direct line of progression through ARCA to Cup should also be a strong factor in entries when the drivers are then around Cup team owners and racing at Cup tracks. As I pointed out in a prior thread that I can link to, this has not been the case for many, many, many years.

There are no similar racing series in the country that have national TV nor that run super speedways. ASA or CRA shouldn't be similar to this iteration of ARCA. That train left the station in the 80s. You are right that not many people stay in ARCA anymore, but that is a statement more about the health of ARCA today relative to where it was a generation ago.
Most people don't understand ARCA. It isn't a come one come all series. Toyota had 3 multi car teams racing in the series with Gibbs, Venterini and Gilliland. Ford had at least two, and the same or more for Chevy. This isn't bubba wants to race. Again, this isn't a comparison to the 4 major dirt series. If you aren't on a factory team in ARCA, chances are you aren't going anywhere and yes, some have to bring money or sponsors, most are development drivers for the big three.
People mistakenly look at the driver roster and think they should have more, but how many drivers do you need on a D league farm team?

They must have really wanted to get SVG some seat time, $100 grand buyout is pretty strong

I don't know if this will load, but it's the ARCA awards structure.

Attachments

• ARCA-Awards-Guide-2023-V2 (1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
I look at it this way, the team that got the money may be able to run most of the year now, but man,that's a lot of dough to throw

I miss when it was just ARCA and Cup at Pocono.

Bring back the Talladega fall race while we’re at it.

I agree with Pocono being a Cup 400-500 & ARCA 200 only weekend. Send the Xfinity & Truck Series to Pikes Peak or Kentucky or NOLA or something. These promoters seem quick to abandon these rental experience tracks.

I think the ARCA schedule races at Kansas too much should only be 1x a season instead, add another track like Texas or Kentucky or Chicagoland (my preference) or Pocono or Winchester IN or New Jersey in its 2nd spot.

Back
Top Bottom