2023 Grand Prix Of Japan

Doc Austin

Back From The Dead
Someone had to do it.

il_1588xN.4691630774_h8sy.jpg

Sargeant crashed again, in qualifying. Starting to think he might be the lone man out from this year’s grid in 2024.

Not sure I'm going to make the 2AM start!

After last week's glitch in the matrix, Max looks unassailable again.

Sargeant crashed again, in qualifying. Starting to think he might be the lone man out from this year’s grid in 2024.
He never should have gotten that ride and he definitely shouldn't keep it. His passport might save him though.
Completely punted Bottas.

First Suzuka race I’ve watched in ages. Pumped
It's the one F1 race every year that I definitely don't wanna miss. One of the greatest tracks in the world and btw I love the fact that they still have a corner named after Ernst Degner after all these years.

Probably the two guys on the hottest seats not making the greatest impressions today…

I’m personally shocked and surprised at the same time Checo is still driving a Red Bull.

Hes not it.
He’s regressed so much this year, it’s a head-scratcher.

Unfortunately RB couldn’t give a damn about their academy anymore and are gonna keep cycling through retreads apparently.

Mercedes is ridiculous.

Hamilton bailed them out again. They made the call far too late and Russell literally had no pace to play the DRS game.

Mercedes trying to wreck each other twice already. What’s that about?

I'll continue to say it, George is a fast dude but a team player, he is not.

I dont know what he was doing challenging team orders with Sainz on Hamilton's ass. Like dude...

Lots of Argy Bargy this week.

I guess our fears that Red Bull might struggle were unfounded. There's just something weird about Singapore because the dominant car has struggled there in the past (2014 with Mercedes).

Checo is imploding. Now he's making silly mistakes and taking himself out of the running. I don't think that second in points is secure just yet, nor is that seat. Horner says Checo will be their 2024 driver, but no Red Bull seat is ever etched in stone.

That and Mercedes is in the dumper again. Maybe since they are paying him $40 million, they should listen to Hamilton's complaints about seating position. The way it was explained to me, they put the driver too far forward so they could move the mandated crash structure forward out of the airflow to the zero pod. That can't be changed without a new tub, so Mercede is stuck with what they have. I'm sure they could build one in a week, but the cost cap has got to be getting tight this late in the year.

Great news that McLaren is truly back in the fight. Either driver could win a race this year if the cards fall right. It's just hard to see anything get in Max's way unless he has an issue.

Mercedes is ridiculous.

Hamilton bailed them out again. They made the call far too late and Russell literally had no pace to play the DRS game.
Apparently Toto had to make the call. There’s no reason he should need to, that should be the strategy team making that decision, pretty quickly too. No way was Russell quick enough to hold them both off for that long.

I think losing James Vowles to Williams is hurting that team this year.

I'll continue to say it, George is a fast dude but a team player, he is not.

I dont know what he was doing challenging team orders with Sainz on Hamilton's ass. Like dude...
I notice this too. He recognizes that he’s up against his childhood idol and one of only two 7-time world champions. This fuels a desire to prove he’s the faster guy. So yeah, team player isn’t a real attribute of his.

Back
Top Bottom