2023 Bommarito Automotive Group 500

Pato O'Ward makes me laugh with most of his interviews. He needs a win. Maybe next week at Portland and I'll be there to cheer him on.
Pato has quietly had a great season without ever really being in championship contention. Seven podiums without a win is pretty remarkable. Often close but just can’t get all the way there yet.

I’m actually surprised they featured the Leaders Circle battle early in the race. Wouldn’t seem to me like something the series would want presented on the broadcast but I think it’s good to make fans aware of it.

Got to say I’m pretty disappointed in Ed and Taku as well. Taku obviously won the 500 almost three years ago to the day, Helio won the 500 not even a year later, and in that same race Ed finished 5th. Sometimes the drop off is just that steep and sudden.

Malukas put a couple of great moves on Scotty but whatever friendly banter they had before oddly seems to have turned into beef now.
Less drop off and more of how difficult it is to share a partial schedule. Ed and Taku were definately deflating to see, but maybe you are right. At the same time, I'm a firm believer of PT opportunities are great, but just as difficult being a FT driver. Only so many opportunities to showcase what you have.

Less drop off and more of how difficult it is to share a partial schedule. Ed and Taku were definately deflating to see, but maybe you are right. At the same time, I'm a firm believer of PT opportunities are great, but just as difficult being a FT driver. Only so many opportunities to showcase what you have.
I agree that it's possible that Taku put a little more pressure on himself, he was still decent in 2021 and 22 but 46 is a pretty exceptional age for open-wheel racing so I don't see him going full-time again. I have tons of respect for him and Helio for still doing this and hope they will both run the Indy 500 for another 10 years.
Ed has been part-time for the better part of his career now and scored wins and Top 5's as an oval-only driver. He just seems to be a little off sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom