2023 Bommarito Automotive Group 500

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Tons of rain today so a compressed schedule with qualifying on Sunday.

Josef can become the first driver in American open wheel history to sweep the oval events, and for the first time on an oval there will be a set of alternate tires mandated for one stint.

Pretty big crash in practice between Power and Ericsson, both drivers were okay after the incident. The 8 will have to go to a backup tub.

It’s hard to say from the first clip but Power was trying to avoid Scotty Mac spinning up the track from exiting the warmup lane.

Pretty big crash in practice between Power and Ericsson, both drivers were okay after the incident. The 8 will have to go to a backup tub.

It’s hard to say from the first clip but Power was trying to avoid Scotty Mac spinning up the track from exiting the warmup lane.

You alright bud

BLEEP! BLEEP!

Wills alright

So, I am standing and talking to Graham Rahal at St Petersburg and he gives me his autograph. Here comes Rossi on a scooter and he starts talking to Graham and when I asked Rossi for his autograph- he takes off on his scooter as fast as he can and almost runs me over. Graham just looked at me and said what the heck!!
So ever since then I have put a curse on him. And he has not one a race ever since. I don't even think he has been on the podium.

So, ZULU ROSSI!! ZOOLOO!!!!

Dixon stuck behind Ilott. Lol is that by design or what?

Reactions: JW1
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be Sato's last race outside the Indy 500.
Him and CGR looked like a lethal combination on ovals on paper but he hasn't exactly been auditioning for a new multi-race deal.
And like 20 seconds later he's in the wall. 3 wrecks in five races and he tried several times today. Great IndyCar career but it's nearing the end.

Sweepers❤️

Before he came into the pits, they asked New Garden what he needed. He should have said- how about another hundred horsepower? 😁

What the heck is Rossi doing in fourth place? Zulu!!Zulu!! 🤕🤕 Crash and Burn! !

Unfortunately whatever progress they made on a high line last night got washed away again overnight. I haven’t been watching long but it looks like the single groove is an issue again.

Unfortunately whatever progress they made on a high line last night got washed away again overnight. I haven’t been watching long but it looks like the single groove is an issue again.
I was gonna ask if they had rain overnight. Not as as catastrophic as 2020 but very strategy-heavy. It has been interesting though.

I was gonna ask if they had rain overnight. Not as as catastrophic as 2020 but very strategy-heavy. It has been interesting though.
2020 were also both day races, IIRC. The easiest way to get these cars some grip through the corners is to run at night. But since it’s on Daytona weekend now that’s pretty much a non-starter, it would probably have to be on cable. If NBC tells them they have a network slot open they’re gonna take it anyways.

I'm glad to see Dixon do so well. He had to play 2nd fiddle to Franchitti all those years. 👍

Pato O'Ward makes me laugh with most of his interviews. He needs a win. Maybe next week at Portland and I'll be there to cheer him on.

I’m actually surprised they featured the Leaders Circle battle early in the race. Wouldn’t seem to me like something the series would want presented on the broadcast but I think it’s good to make fans aware of it.

Got to say I’m pretty disappointed in Ed and Taku as well. Taku obviously won the 500 almost three years ago to the day, Helio won the 500 not even a year later, and in that same race Ed finished 5th. Sometimes the drop off is just that steep and sudden.

Malukas put a couple of great moves on Scotty but whatever friendly banter they had before oddly seems to have turned into beef now.

Back
Top Bottom