WNBA

It’s only preseason but Chicago is in complete control of this one. Unbelievable defense.

And Cardoso isn’t even playing because of an injury.
Beat the defending runners-up by 48. Wow. Granted, it is preseason, but looks like they kept Stewart and Ionescu in check.

I was mostly watching the Magic game last Friday, but the clips I saw of CC were encouraging for her offensive transition to the league. Defense will probably take a bit.

One thing I don’t understand about basketball, how you can just drill someone on purpose and they get called for the foul.

Granted the officiating in this game has been suspect.

Caitlin Clark gets style points on her first pro basket.

Should’ve gotten free throws a couple minutes prior but the league apparently hates the person who is bringing in the bread.

Disney announcers praising Carrington not even noting that these are blatant fouls that she’s getting away with. Like holy ****, I know women’s ball is physical but these non-fouls by Carrington are called on any other player on the court.

ESPN showed one of Carrington’s defensive plays against Clark and praised her physicality. Not a minute later, one of her teammates did the exact same thing and got called on a contact foul.

Turnovers by Clark were terrible. She has got to drastically improve in that category. Don't know what the Sun's shooting percentage was but it looked like they hit all their shots. Clark didn't play a good game but neither did her teammates.

Turnovers by Clark were terrible. She has got to drastically improve in that category. Don't know what the Sun's shooting percentage was but it looked like they hit all their shots. Clark didn't play a good game but neither did her teammates.
She was on fire in the second half. I think she’ll adjust fairly quickly. The turnovers are her biggest problem, but she didn’t get a lot of help from her teammates on some of those. Indiana looked completely lost out there at times.

But I guess they’re the worst or second worst team in the W and Connecticut is one of the top-three teams.

Looks like the Fever really suck. Granted, the Liberty were in the Finals last year and have a bunch of dawgs. But the talent and experience disparity is massive.

I watched a bit of Aces/Mercury the other night in between Wolves/Nuggets and it’s seriously like the top of the W is on an entirely different plane. I get the Kelsey Plum/A’ja Wilson hype now.

Yeah, the Fever don't look good. None of the players look to compare with the opposition so far. Clark is looking dejected on the floor. I hope she doesn't lose her confidence.

Looks like the Fever really suck. Granted, the Liberty were in the Finals last year and have a bunch of dawgs. But the talent and experience disparity is massive.

I watched a bit of Aces/Mercury the other night in between Wolves/Nuggets and it’s seriously like the top of the W is on an entirely different plane. I get the Kelsey Plum/A’ja Wilson hype now.

Not only is Indiana the worst team in the WNBA, their schedule is also frontloaded with the best teams so the WNBA could get their other stars on primetime.

The media is desperate to tear Caitlin Clark down. Angel Reese had a rocky start too, and the media was full of praise. And we're outright hearing it from some players and elements of the media that their desire to see her fail is because she's white.

This is probably for The Podium, but it's out of control. I've actually seen people in the media say it's racist to not like Beyonce's album, or like Taylor Swift, or root for Caitlin Clark.

I've said a few times I think the reason Angel Reese gets so much hate is because the media builds her up by tearing Caitlin Clark down or by making a rivalry between two players who actually get along quite well about race.

Just an example:

In their debut games, BOTH had a miserable first half and promising second half. But the media's got their narrative. Clark's had better stats across the board than Reese so far, but that doesn't fit the narrative either.

Liberty 91 – Fever 80 final score

Liberty 34 – Fever 43 – second half

Caitlin Clark played her best basketball in her first 3 games.

Clark had 22 points , 6 rebounds, 8 assists (Should have been about 12 but the fever couldn’t handle Clark’s passes) Clark’s passing was excellent . Fever’s shooting ability was poor. Perhaps the Fever will get better with the help of Clark.

lets remember that the Liberty played in last year's Championship.

Clark had 22 points , 6 rebounds, 8 assists (Should have been about 12 but the fever couldn’t handle Clark’s passes) Clark’s passing was excellent . Fever’s shooting ability was poor. Perhaps the Fever will get better with the help of Clark.

A not unlikely scenario is that the Fever continue to toil this year while Clark tries to carry the team, starts to develop as a pro, they get the #1 pick for the third year in a row and secure their backcourt for the foreseeable future by taking Paige Bueckers.

CC will be fine in the long run, but that team will have a better supporting cast and probably a new coach next year as well. Just got to learn and persevere this season.

Indiana needs to hire Bluder.

A not unlikely scenario is that the Fever continue to toil this year while Clark tries to carry the team, starts to develop as a pro, they get the #1 pick for the third year in a row and secure their backcourt for the foreseeable future by taking Paige Bueckers.

CC will be fine in the long run, but that team will have a better supporting cast and probably a new coach next year as well. Just got to learn and persevere this season.
Front loading Indiana schedule the way they did was a mistake.

The W is setting Clark up for failure. But she will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom