WEC 2024

Motor Trend pulled away and the stream died, so I'm counting you guys to keep me up to speed.

Hell yeah JOTA! Love that for Callum, what a breakthrough win. Those guys straight up out-ran the factory Penskes in the same car on the same strategy.

That took a bit of luck with their pit timing right before the safety car, but sometimes that’s what it takes. Once again a race Ferrari probably should’ve won on pace, this time it was something out of their control.

Manthey Porsche steals LMGT3 win on the final lap on fuel economy, wow.

Once again a race Ferrari probably should’ve won on pace, this time it was something out of their control
The way it worked ou in the last segment, Ferrari had to pit three times to everyonme else's pnce. On one had I feel bad for them, but on the other we ended up getting a better race out of it. That, and I'm delighted a pirvateer won.

Tomorrow ought to be great oo with IMSA at Laguna.

I've never seen an endurance clock stopped for a red flag, but this time it was wait it out or it was over. I don't know the rule on this, but it must have been by the book or there would have been a lot of people losing their minds over it.

Granted, Ferrari sort of got robbed by the way it played out, but they will have 24 hours to work that out in June.

In the wake of Jota's win, I can't help but look back at what a great privateer we had in Rebellion. I wish they had stayed for Hypercar.

I've never seen an endurance clock stopped for a red flag, but this time it was wait it out or it was over. I don't know the rule on this, but it must have been by the book or there would have been a lot of people losing their minds over it.

Granted, Ferrari sort of got robbed by the way it played out, but they will have 24 hours to work that out in June.
They’re definitely complaining, but I’d much rather they add time back to the clock and run a full race than be forced to award half points for a shortened race.

They weren’t the only ones affected either. The 99 Proton car was probably the best Porsche all day and finished 5th, would’ve had a podium otherwise. The only two real beneficiaries of the red flag were JOTA and Penske.

The only problem I had with them finishing the race was Motor Trend crapped out and I kept losing streams. There will be a highlight package on YouTube, and I'll have to be satisfied with that. Overall, from what I've seen so far, it was a pretty awesome display. After waiting 50 years for it to get this good I try not to complain about anything.

Speaking of which, I have been known to complain about manufacturers needing to supply more customers, and today proved how valuable privateers are. That's twice now that Jota has stolen points from Ferrari, and those are points Porsche would have not otherwise had. The Proton car was in there too.

While I couldn't get a stream, I did hook into timing and scoring. The Isota stayed on the lead lap a long time, and I believe they finished. For a new group with a new car to run that well and be that reliable is pretty remarkable. Hopefully they can't find a little speed. I like underdogs.

In another weird twists to Caddy's bad luck: If they had not restarted the race, the finish reverts to the last complete lap, which means the Cadillac would have finished fourth! They just aren't going to get any breaks. Let's hope Chip's car has a good race tomorrow at Laguna.

One last thing on Cadillac: Caddy ran two cars last year and collected a lot of data. This was an advantage they didn't have all last year at the other tracks. Now that they are getting to tracks for the second time Caddy will probably be more competitive. They were lost at Quatar, so their form today was very encouraging.

Julien Andlauer owned the run from La Source through Eau Rouge on Saturday. Really impressive day from Neel Jani and especially Andlauer in the Proton entry, they were on for a podium before the red flag. Good momentum for that team headed into Le Mans after their best run yet.

Back
Top Bottom