F1 2024 News/Misc.

Here's a fun thought for everyone: Lewis Hamilton may be teaming up for the last run of his career with Adrian Newey at Ferrari because Christian Horner tried to have sex with his assistant and failed while Hamilton was let walk so Mercedes could bring in F1's version of Casey Atwood.

The big teams are such weenies when it comes to unique liveries. The one exception being McLaren/Gulf back in ‘21.

This reminds me of when they splashed some yellow on the engine cover and rear wing at Monza in ‘22. Get real, son.
I really liked the white Red Bulls that ran at (I believe) Turkey a few years back.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see a major pullback from the US and F1 due to this

Forgive me if I am repeating myself, but all this goes back to the absolute beating Ford put on the world at lemans. They are still not over it, never will be, and don't want to get smacked around like that again.

But they are not helping themselves either. I imagine the reaction to this could be the same as Henry Ford's. "Let's go to war."

Yeah that one is hard to believe.

The CEO just burst into a conversation to plainly insult the guy?

And why is Mario then running to the press about telling it? That’s not going to help your cause. Weird

The attention seeking is a turn off, imo.

Yeah that one is hard to believe.
I don't think so. You have to remember those people never got over Ford drumming the snot out of them four years in a row. They want nothing to do with competing against Americans.
The CEO just burst into a conversation to plainly insult the guy?
My experience with Europeans is no one ever taught them how to be polite.

If Mario said it, it's probably true. I don't believe Mario has even been caught in a lie and he probably isn't doing that now either.

And why is Mario then running to the press about telling it?
Someone asked him about it?

Consider the amount of money Andretti has invested in a factory, a working wind tunnel model and all the people he hired. Andretti (and Cadillac) jumped through every hoop they put in front of him, and then they turn around and say Andretti brings no value and won't be competitive anyway. That's the lamest BS excuse they could have come up with. If they had just said they were afraid of getting stomped, I'de be ok with that, but now they refuse any real competition while they are pretending to be the pinnacle. It's a dirtbag deal. Now all the money spent is gone and all the people hired will end up in the bread line. Well done F1!

That’s not going to help your cause. Weird
It sets the stage for the DOJ to intervene, though I certainly don't have any faith in them ether. Andretti needs to file a billion dollar lawsuit and take F1 to the cleaners. The have screwed him around and around and no matter how many conditions Andretti meets, it's not going to matter to F1.

My experience with Europeans is no one ever taught them how to be polite.

If Mario said it, it's probably true. I don't believe Mario has even been caught in a lie and he probably isn't doing that now either.

Well I wouldn’t know since I’m not European and don’t know the custom but the way he described it it seem like he just interrupted him and Domenicali to just insult him? That seems odd to me but I digress. I’m on neither’s side. Just a skeptic by nature.

Also the Liberty Media CEO is American.

Well I wouldn’t know since I’m not European
Looks like we're going to be friends after all
but the way he described it seems like he just interrupted him and Domenicali to just insult him?
That's what it sounded like to me. Mario has never talked smack about anyone before, so I believe him this time.
That seems odd to me but I digress. I’m on neither’s side. Just a skeptic by nature.
No one said any of this made sense. The way I read it, and the only thing that makes any sense to me is this is something personal. All the requirements laid down have been met, so what's the problem?
Also the Liberty Media CEO is American.
Well ...... no one said any of this made sense.

Monoco: Max having a horrible FP1 and an ok FP2. He says the car is bouncing so hard he's got a headache. They are probably going to have to raise that car to get rid of it, so they might even lose some speed.

Red Bull has run into some sort of wall with their car. they went from unbeatable to vulnerable overnight, and not just because the others have improved. Even Hamilton is ahead of him now, so they have a big mystery on their hands.

In Imola the car was garbage, but they turned it around for the race. The big cluse was Max said the car was bottoming at Aqua Minerale, which is the highest compression area on the track, but when they fixed the car that stopped. They had to have raised it for Q. That's a clue they are running as low as they can to get the downforce. That car just might be peaked out, but having said that Max will still probably get the pole and run away with it.

Back
Top Bottom