Tuesday = Penalty Day

Same for both, Busch & Harvick. Penalties for postrace action on pit road, not on-track incident. $25,000 & four points race probation.

Same for both, Busch & Harvick. Penalties for postrace action on pit road, not on-track incident. $25,000 & four points race probation.

Only 4 points huh was thinking it might be double that, seeing how both have gone down this road before, a few times too.

Good Old Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), the rule written in pencil.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has penalized Sprint Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick as a result of rules infractions committed at last weekend's event at Darlington Raceway.

Busch, driver of the No. 18 car, and Harvick, driver of the No. 29 car, have each been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four Sprint Cup Series championship points events until June 15 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing -- involved in an altercation on pit road after the conclusion of the race).

"These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over," said Kerry Tharp, senior director for communications, competition. "They are about maintaining a safe environment on pit road."

i wonder what it takes to get a points deduction penalty.

This is bull. Harvick was wrong getting out of his car but it was "da puss" {thanks Andy:D} that endangered those on pit road. Guess Gibbs made arrangements to pay the brains alimony,,,

This is bull. Harvick was wrong getting out of his car but it was "da puss" {thanks Andy:D} that endangered those on pit road. Guess Gibbs made arrangements to pay the brains alimony,,,

That's such a weak argument? Who, exactly, on pit road did he endanger? The few Harvick crew members that were still 30 yards away walking to backup Harvick? Or the one that was already there to help Kevin out?

I have said it before, there should be a zero tolerance policy for using a car as a weapon off the racing surface. Sooner or later, someone is going to get hurt in the pits and that is not acceptable IMO.

That's such a weak argument? Who, exactly, on pit road did he endanger? The few Harvick crew members that were still 30 yards away walking to backup Harvick? Or the one that was already there to help Kevin out?

Thats such a gray area to say "who was in danger?"

Nascar has too many gray areas, how about make it a black and white rule about incidents on pit road, doesnt matter if people are around the cars or not.

I mean pit road is clearly defined for speed limits so why not do the right thing here?

You intentionally touch another car on pit road then you should be out of the car for at least a week.

Yet again nascar puts safety second.

Nascar missed the boat on this completely.

I have said it before, there should be a zero tolerance policy for using a car as a weapon off the racing surface. Sooner or later, someone is going to get hurt in the pits and that is not acceptable IMO.

But it'll boost ratings and that's all NASCAR gives a **** about... which is a shame because their new "safe" car has destroyed the product on the track.

Two years ago, we were lucky to get 100 people at Old Dominion. We had at least 2,000 there on Saturday.

Keep trying to inflate the balloon, the air is rushing out faster than you can blow.

Keep trying to inflate the balloon, the air is rushing out faster than you can blow.

I just wonder if to you Kyle has ever done wrong? I can admit when my drivers do wrong. Dale Jr has caused wrecks and stuff before and I'd call him out on it.

This coming from a man who once proclaimed (and this is an actual statement from Andy once on this board) "Kyle Busch is a driving God."

I won't deny that Kyle's a great driver, just don't like his attitude.

Yeah driver liking and driver skill liking are two totally different things, best observed between real Kahne fans and female Kahne fans. But the not a great penelty the Weed needed more.

I just wonder if to you Kyle has ever done wrong? I can admit when my drivers do wrong. Dale Jr has caused wrecks and stuff before and I'd call him out on it.

I haven't said that KB was right in this instance or any other. I'm just saying that people are trying really hard to make this worse then it really was. Kyle shouldn't have taken Harvick out to begin with but do I believe that anyone was in danger when Kyle pushed the car out of the way. No. I am sure that Kyle LOOKED before he acted. He wouldn't have pushed the car if someone was in the way of it.

In defense of Kyle, there was more to the initial incident than shown on TV. I was watching from Raceview and there was more contact with 29 and 18 prior to what Fox showed. I can't state for certain that Harvick started it but (aside from what some think here) Kyle doesn't just take people out on a regular basis. There had to be some reason he was pissed enough to take him out. Harvick pulls a lot stuff like this and then gets that ****-eatin' grin on his face. Karma also bites his ass every now and then as well.

.... I can't state for certain that Harvick started it but (aside from what some think here) Kyle doesn't just take people out on a regular basis. There had to be some reason he was pissed enough to take him out. Harvick pulls a lot stuff like this and then gets that ****-eatin' grin on his face. Karma also bites his ass every now and then as well.

kyle lost his temper on track. simple as that. the new and improved kyle? yeah, right. tony hasn't changed his stripes either, anger management is a joke.

an instant reaction, dumb a$$ move, turning harvick back up in front of a bunch of cars that had nothing to do with the games being played. yeah, bowyer had a part of it, making it three wide, but only because the two dumbspits got together and lost momentum.

i have a bigger problem with what happened on track than anything that happened after. rubbin's racin', but what busch did was alot more than "rattlin' his cage". he ought to count himself lucky that a bunch more teams that could have been caught up in that don't have him as a target in the future.

the pit road stuff? quite expected considering the history of both kyle and harvick. both came off looking as dumb as they are.

jmo

kyle lost his temper on track. simple as that. the new and improved kyle? yeah, right. tony hasn't changed his stripes either, anger management is a joke.

an instant reaction, dumb a$$ move, turning harvick back up in front of a bunch of cars that had nothing to do with the games being played. yeah, bowyer had a part of it, making it three wide, but only because the two dumbspits got together and lost momentum.

i have a bigger problem with what happened on track than anything that happened after. rubbin's racin', but what busch did was alot more than "rattlin' his cage". he ought to count himself lucky that a bunch more teams that could have been caught up in that don't have him as a target in the future.

the pit road stuff? quite expected considering the history of both kyle and harvick. both came off looking as dumb as they are.

jmo

I think this was well said.
I like Kyle but this was just stupid. I'm not defending Harvick in anyway, he always has a problem with someone.

Back
Top Bottom