racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
Seems like a decent channel for ACC football & basketball, but NASCAR Xfinity on The CW will be produced by NASCAR Productions in 2025??

I’m curious how local sports telecasts will conflict with NASCAR Xfinity. Local soccer & hockey and maybe college basketball teams on The CW in some markets I think have been shown to conflict with some racing, I hope NASCAR can make an app or something.

They have it on free TV, would be nice if they could have it on an app for free.

Anyone else opinions on your local “CW” channel?

Seems like a decent channel for ACC football & basketball, but NASCAR Xfinity on The CW will be produced by NASCAR Productions in 2025??

I’m curious how local sports telecasts will conflict with NASCAR Xfinity. Local soccer & hockey and maybe college basketball teams on The CW in some markets I think.

They have it on free TV, would be nice if they could have it on an app for free.

Anyone else opinions on your local “CW” channel?

Most of the ARCA and Truck races are produced by NASCAR Productions, not Fox. And ACC games on CW Sports are produced by Raycom Sports.

I get the national CW feed on YouTube TV since the local CW channel is an SD-only subchannel that's not distributed by its affiliate, which is ironically owned by The CW's parenty company..

The CW's gone to having more national programming and less local programming since NexStar bought the majority of it from WB Discovery and Paramount Global. Which is why there's more sports programming in general.

Prior to them getting all these sports deals, I knew The CW as the superhero channel. I used to watch "Supergirl" on it (just here for Melissa Benoist😍🥰) but most of their programming was low-budget DC superhero shows produced by WB Discovery.

I think a lot of the sports content that stations have pushed to their digital subchannels is migrating over to streaming and even cable more and more. A lot of the stuff that used to air on weekends on the CW station in Raleigh is now on Stadium, FloSports, or CBS Sports Network.

They have Colorado College NCAA DI hockey & Colorado Springs Switchbacks USL soccer on local SoCo CW here. I’m curious if that will conflict with Xfinity.

ACC football & basketball are also quite frequently on The CW but that’s national, I’m curious how the schedules will work out in 2025.

I’d love to contact NexStar about releasing a free app for sporting events considering the demographic of what The CW is.

I’d love to contact NexStar about releasing a free app for sporting events considering the demographic of what The CW is.

The CW already has a free app (completely free, no login/subscription, no cable/satellite authentication) and puts all their live sports programming on there. The CW app is why the Xfinity Series TV deal has been universally praised. Every single race will be available at no cost to 100% of the country.

The CW already has a free app and puts all their live sports programming on there. The CW app is why the Xfinity Series TV deal has been universally praised. Every single race will be available at no cost to anyone with an antenna or a Smart TV.

“The CW” app?

It seems kinda weird interface finding the ACC sports.

I haven't used their app in years. Like I said, I've only ever watched one show on that network. I remember it being straightforward.

Yeah I’m not sure if I can watch live sports on the app? It seems to be acting weird, that’s why I’m worried about conflicts.

February 24

4:30pm Virginia Tech at Pittsburgh

6:45pm Florida State at Clemson

Will see what the app is like then. They’ve had UNC & Duke games as well on The CW.

February 24

Will see what the app is like then. They’ve had UNC & Duke games as well on The CW.

I tried the app today and couldn't find live sports programming on it. So, hopefully that gets fixed soon.

It's possible ESPN+ has streaming rights to the ACC games though.

February 24

I was partially right. CW doesn't have the rights to distribute ACC on their app, just on OTA TV.

Will games be on The CW app?

No. The digital rights are not available to The CW app. It’s exclusive to the (TV) broadcasting. … We do have video-on-demand rights, which a lot of people do when they have multiple things to watch. That usually lasts seven or eight days on a station.

LIV Golf IS available on the CW app, and the language of the NASCAR release states the races will be on there too.

Back
Top Bottom