Silly Season 2025

Wonder when people will realize that the car is the issue and that changing the driver constantly won’t help.
In this case, I think Penske supplies better cars that what Harrison is doing. The guy they kicked out of the car was better.

In this case, I think Penske supplies better cars that what Harrison is doing. The guy they kicked out of the car was better.
No argument there. I'm glad the Wood brothers are still in the series. I think Burton brought along a pretty good reliable sponsor similar to Menard and the team is also more importantly on Penske life support. I think if Penske pulled out, it would be hard for them to stay in the series. So it is what it is, one can't expect much.

Penske didn't care if he was moot or not. He had plans to put another driver in the 21.
Roger went for dollars over quality, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it biting him in the ass, and I say that as a long time Penske admirer. When billionaire car owners go for the sponsorship dollars over the better driver, I'm hoping they finish dead last every week.

Roger went for dollars over quality, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it biting him in the ass, and I say that as a long time Penske admirer. When billionaire car owners go for the sponsorship dollars over the better driver, I'm hoping they finish dead last every week.
Yeah I'm sure Roger is all torn up about it. Cup champions and all.

Yeah I'm sure Roger is all torn up about it. Cup champions and all.
Roger is a competitor and he likes to win, but sometimes he lets the deal get in the way. I'm quite sure he doesn't enjoy watching the 21 suck wind every week while his good buddy Rick has four cars in the top ten, three with wins already.

Roger is a competitor and he likes to win, but sometimes he lets the deal get in the way. I'm quite sure he doesn't enjoy watching the 21 suck wind every week while his good buddy Rick has four cars in the top ten, three with wins already.
Of course you are the one who tries to turn a good deed into negative nonsense. Surely you aren't that naive to think that if Penske wanted to turn the 21 into a top contender he couldn't do that lol. Some people.

This one baffles me. So much uncertainty around that team.

To be honest until the charter agreement is reached I find it hard to believe anyone would get signed with teams not knowing their income for 2025

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
A Charter is only good if you are wanting to compete, or sell out. If you aren't doing either who cares.

Current Supercars points leader Will Brown expected to make his Cup debut with RCR at Sonoma next month.

Of course you are the one who tries to turn a good deed into negative nonsense. Surely you aren't that naive to think that if Penske wanted to turn the 21 into a top contender he couldn't do that lol. Some people.
What's he waiting for then?

Current Supercars points leader Will Brown expected to make his Cup debut with RCR at Sonoma next month.

Five years from now Supercars are not gonna have any drivers left.

He brought that sponsorship over from JGR, a ride he probably wouldn't have gotten without their money either. I don't know what the connection is, but they have been FIRMLY behind him for quite some time.

Yep, they have been sponsoring him since his early teenage years. I know he had DEX on his late models, K&N, and ARCA

The biggest team that is at least listening to offers to sell charters is Stewart-Haas Racing. Currently, a four-car team, the organization has not renewed its Ford deal yet for next year, and it has sent prospective buyers information on what it would take to purchase a charter.

There are several teams that want charters to expand. Those include Trackouse Racing, Legacy Motor Club, 23XI Racing and possibly Front Row Motorsports.

They have to do their due diligence, I suppose. That said, there are three teams in NASCAR that have four charters. Hendrick, Gibbs, and SHR. What do they gain by selling a charter or two, aside from money? They have two drivers in playoff contention, and anything can happen at the superspeedways.

Losing Busch and Smithfield was a huge blow, it is what it is. I think they're waiting to land a big sponsor or something, and it isn't farfetched with the way Gragson has performed.

They have to do their due diligence, I suppose. That said, there are three teams in NASCAR that have four charters. Hendrick, Gibbs, and SHR. What do they gain by selling a charter or two, aside from money? They have two drivers in playoff contention, and anything can happen at the superspeedways.

Losing Busch and Smithfield was a huge blow, it is what it is. I think they're waiting to land a big sponsor or something, and it isn't farfetched with the way Gragson has performed.

I think SHR realizes Preece sucks, and if they don't have an abundance of sponsorship, it could make sense to sell the charter. Their performance across the board just isn't where it needs to be, and maybe they think their resources are being spread too thin?

Of course, if they can find a better driver for the 41 who brings sponsorship and/or they don't get their asking price for the charter, it's irrelevant.

The biggest team that is at least listening to offers to sell charters is Stewart-Haas Racing. Currently, a four-car team, the organization has not renewed its Ford deal yet for next year, and it has sent prospective buyers information on what it would take to purchase a charter.

There are several teams that want charters to expand. Those include Trackouse Racing, Legacy Motor Club, 23XI Racing and possibly Front Row Motorsports.

Gragson potentially being one of the odd men out seems unfathomable to me. He certainly seems like their best talent right now and is by far the youngest of the bunch.

Without knowing what will happen to the organization, there will be questions. Briscoe and Berry would be the most likely ones to stay if the team downsizes, and Gragson has surged over the last month. Preece is in the last year of his SHR deal.

Briscoe is linked pretty good with Ford. If they sold to FRM I wonder if he'd move there leaving SHR with Berry and Gragson.

He brought that sponsorship over from JGR, a ride he probably wouldn't have gotten without their money either. I don't know what the connection is, but they have been FIRMLY behind him for quite some time.
At least in 2020 he won 4 Xfinity races. He has done NOTHING since. As much crap as we give Deegan for being pushed while being mediocre, I think she would perform equal or better in the 21.

At least in 2020 he won 4 Xfinity races. He has done NOTHING since. As much crap as we give Deegan for being pushed while being mediocre, I think she would perform equal or better in the 21.
She would not.

If you can't win in a JGR Xfinity car, you can't win ANYWHERE. That's a real compliment to JGR, but it's also a warning to everyone else that success there doesn't automatically mean success anywhere else. Take Brandon Jones for example. He was punted out of a spot in the final four by Ty Gibbs. At JRM, a quality team, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Back
Top Bottom