Race Team Alliance Appreciation Thread

Seriously????

I don't think allowing a family member to have stake in a team would be terrible. It all depends on who it is. In reality is it really any different than Dennis owning a team and driving for another?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I don't think allowing a family member to have stake in a team would be terrible. It all depends on who it is. In reality is it really any different than Dennis owning a team and driving for another?

How is that working out for Penske? I don't follow Indycar very close but I guess it does work? Personally I am on record saying that Nascar should never give up control on the final say when it comes to the charters.

That would be like Roger Goodell buying part of an NFL team. That's a wayyyy bigger conflict of interest than a driver like Hamlin owning a team he competes against

That would be like Roger Goodell buying part of an NFL team. That's a wayyyy bigger conflict of interest than a driver like Hamlin owning a team he competes against
Eh, not even close from where I stand. Goodell is a figure head. Nascar is a 100% family owned racing series in debt to nobody.

Teams are demanding four terms in the new charter agreement: 1) 45% of traditional media revenue 2) Permanent charters 3) 33% of new revenue 4) Greater governance powers.

Yeah, this **** ain't getting resolved.

The first two demands are reasonable. The second two are not.

Time to make a move, Kelley.

10 years from now these things will be worth north of $ 100,000,000.

How this is a business. It's not like they get a family discount or top secret info

I see your point, but then again just how much do you need? She is doing pretty well keeping JR's head out of the clouds and making some decent bucks where they are.
I don’t think it’s about the money. It’s about fielding cars in the Cup Series.

I wonder how badly NASCAR and General Motors want the Earnhardt name in the big show every week?

How is that working out for Penske? I don't follow Indycar very close but I guess it does work?
Given recent events, it doesn’t seem like the paddock feels that level of trust anymore.

Jim France already co-owns a championship-caliber team in IMSA and has for many years. It hasn’t ever really resulted in one massive issue, but there are some occasional on-track incidents which make you question if it would’ve been treated the other way by race control had it not involved Jim’s team. I think it was actually more of an issue when NASCAR was directly funding Chip Ganassi’s Grand-Am team through the aughts, and there were some more suspect on-track shenanigans that seemed to benefit CGR more often than not.

At any rate, for a series as mainstream as NASCAR, I’m not sure that potential conflict of interest is worth the scrutiny that would be associated with everything that follows.

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom