Introduction Forum?

H

Highboy90

I'm not sure one is needed but I don't think members should be posting "I'm new here" in subject specific forums such NASCAR, etc.

I think it would be a good idea to have a introduction type forum...And generally when a "Rookie" does post "I am new here in" the nascar forum one of the mods move it...Not that big a deal they are new....

that is what the off topic forum is for, but if the general concensus is that we need to add another forum, then we can do that too.

I don't think another topic is necessary. If the post is made in a "subject specific forum", as Highboy90 put it, and it doesn't contain anything relevant to this subject, it is generally moved to the General Chit Chat board by one of the mods. When a new poster joins they don't usually know all of the "rules" of posting right up front, unless they have scoped the site out prior to joining. Let it be just like it is.

That's my 2 cents.

Good thing this caught my eye guys....Sheesh!

Simply keep a 'sticky' thread at the top of the General Chit Chat forum.Keep it simple like 'New guys introduce yourselves here' or something.Man,it's a good thing I am on board huh,Maj? :lol:

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 8 2003, 12:49 AM
Good thing this caught my eye guys....Sheesh!

Simply keep a 'sticky' thread at the top of the General Chit Chat forum.Keep it simple like 'New guys introduce yourselves here' or something.Man,it's a good thing I am on board huh,Maj? :lol:
What would we do without you dear? :p

I have a spot for people to welcome themselves on my board...It hasn't been used too much, but It might be used a lot here, who knows. :)

Back
Top Bottom