2023 British Grand Prix

McLaren impressed the hell out of me. A more deserved P2 doesn’t exist. Good race LANDO.

Mercedes continue to be a joke. Somehow stealing a podium must feel like a dream.

Piastri could’ve used just one more lap from that car recovery. Man.

Two Brits on the British GP podium for the first time since 1999 doesn’t even sound right.

Hard to fault Max for driving away from everyone, but its getting a bit monotonous.

I am not watching on TV but following the scoring: What happened to Max?

The podium dynamic between the boos for Max and the cheers for Lando and Lewis is gonna be crazy.
When someone wins every race for years they always start to get booed unless it's their home race. Wish it didn't happen but it's nothing new.

Only got to see the second half of the race but what I saw was quite entertaining.
No way I would have expected a McLaren on the podium after their terrible start to the season.

There could be five teams competing for wins after the summer break.

I am not watching on TV but following the scoring: What happened to Max?

Absolutely nothing. He dominated.

There was a virtual and a safety car. Giving the impression of a close race. It wasn’t.

Well he won as always.
Absolutely nothing. He dominated.

There was a virtual and a safety car. Giving the impression of a close race. It wasn’t.
Thanks.

The link I used is now showing that he won, but at the time I posted my question it showed him as retired from the event.
Probably a temporary glitch on their part.

We could us about four consecutive Max DNFs, but then again, after another four races we'de be right back where we started.

Like I said, I’m coming around on the idea of Hulk as a stopgap. It sounded like a bit of a joke at first but he’s a good veteran, good qualifier, isn’t gonna bother Max or anything. And since those articles started coming out Checo has only gotten worse and Hulk has put up more good quali results. For sure, there aren’t many good fits or viable other options.

Hulk for one year while Palou learns at Alpha Tauri would be good I’d think. I guess they always could go straight to Palou, as Villeneuve and Montoya did many years ago. But that was a different era.

Hopefully Checo pulls his head out of his ass sooner than later though.
I'm still not convinced Hülkenberg would run better than Checo. With the exception of Monaco Perez managed to recover somewhat from his qualifying results, it would be a different story if he was finishing 15th every week.
He is under contract until 2024 and right now he's not so bad that he needs to be fired prematurely imo.
Perez can stay at Red Bull for another season and Alex could go to (no longer) AlphaTauri for a year to get used to F1 cars and tracks he hasn't raced in years.
I'd love to see Palou in F1 and it seems like he wants to go there as well.

I'm really enjoying this season, so much fun watching teams come from the bottom to be competitive, how much will Williams improve before the seasons over?
Apparently, Williams infrastructure is so ancient that what they are doing now is a miracle. They've got the financing now to improve that, so expect big things in the future.

Mercedes needs a new tub. If you're going to pay Hamilton all those millions, maybe it would be a good idea to position the driver where he likes it.

The title didn't show up in the link, but give it a read. The title was "Angry Pierre Gasly shoves Carlos Sainz."

Looked more like he poked him, and he didn't look full-on angry. He said his peace and moved on.

Translation for Carlos: Poor baby

I do have to give Gasly credit for going man to man instead of throwing a Twitter hissy. And I give Carlos credit for the quick wit.

Back
Top Bottom