2016 Pocono - Pennsylvania 400 - Pre Race Thread

Note: All times are ET

MONDAY, AUG. 1:

ON TRACK: POCONO
-- 11 a.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Pennsylvania 400 (160 laps, 400 miles), NBCSN (Follow live)

PRE-RACE SCHEDULE

—10:50:00 a.m.: Intro Presentation of Colors: 55th Armored Brigade Combat Team Color Guard PA National Guard
—10:50:20 a.m.: Invocation by: Monty Self, MRO
—10:51:00 a.m.: National Anthem by: Meghan Wotring (Signed by Amanda Pascoe representing the Western PA School for the Deaf & the Scranton School for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing)
10:57:30 a.m. "Drivers, Start Your Engines" by: Major General Roger Teague, Director, Space Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Acquisition
—11:07:00 a.m.: Green Flag – Pennsylvania 400 (160 laps, 400 miles)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)

-- 3 p.m.: (approx.) Post-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race

Many thanks for the update as I am at the lake and need to program the DVR remotely so I can hopefully see 400 miles of racing later on today.

I will be firing up the Dish Anywhere app today to take watch the race or the Air Titan take laps. Technology is sweet!

I thought about watching the race live on my iPad on the pontoon but I think I will wait until later in the day to see it. Technology is fantastic alright.

Don't have the luxury of a Dvr. Got off in time last pocono race to see the final 2 laps on tv. Gonna be living vicariously through the nascar app and this message board today. (Assuming they actually race)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pocono flashback.

Check out that pace car.

CoscoT2W8AA3C3w.jpg:large

You guys going back today are troopers. Good on ya

@bobpockrass

Track is obviously damp with the mist, coming in slow. Still no estimate of when mist ends/track ready.

Ugh. I'll just record everything all day I guess.

I'm parked at a gas station about 7 miles from the track. It doesn't look good. Steady mist, low ceiling and fog. And the real stuff hasnt popped up yet. I'm not driving in until it looks like they'll run...

I say they run a Cup/Indy doubleheader in 3 weeks.

@woodbrothers21

25 minutes til the scheduled start of the rescheduled start that's likely to be rescheduled to a rescheduled start for a rescheduled start

@NASCAR_WXMAN

Rain/mist is the wild card. Odds are dropping to around 40-50% - comes down to track drying

@bobpockrass

No start time yet. Cars in garage. Starting to clear a little so should know soon about weepers. Plus pop-up worries

This is just sad. MRN was saying Sunday that this was the best crown pocono had seen in 6 years, perhaps over 100,000. That's a lot of pissed off fans.

This is just sad. MRN was saying Sunday that this was the best crown pocono had seen in 6 years, perhaps over 100,000. That's a lot of pissed off fans.

Pocono has kept a very loyal following. There were a lot of people there yesterday. Getting out of the lot was a mess.

If nothing else changes I'll drive over in 30 or so minutes. I should have brought my golf clubs and played 18 at Jack Frost National this morning....

@TheAlexHayden

And the cars are being pushed on to pit road...so we got that going for us, which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom